!Reader's key and info!

TW: this story includes anorexia, calorie counting, body dysmorphia, parents arguing, panic/anxiety attacks, anxiety and signs of depression. Read at your own risk (which, let's be honest, I know most people will ignore the TW)

This is the key and some needed information before the story (Why Y/N's anorexia formed, her family members, what Y/N does because of the anorexia [considering everyone is different], stuff like that)

Key:

Y/n= Your (first) name

L/n= last name

F/n= full name

N/n= nickname (optional. If you don't want to use a nickname, just use the Y/n instead, because Y/n never even mentions the nickname)

S/c= skin color

E/c= eye color

r/e/c= random eye color

H/c= hair color

r/h/c= random hair color

H/l= hair length

y/h= your height

F/c= favorite color

O/f/c= other favorite color

f/f: fear food (if you don't have any, use a food you just hate instead.)

Now for Y/N's personality: she is kind, caring, warm-hearted, and smart. However, she has been... insecure to say the least from a young age. She acts happy on the outside all the time, but she is really hurting inside, however, has had sudden emotional outbursts. Obviously, she is also extremely athletic and dedicated, also observant. She can also be hyper at times, once she warms up to you. Oh, and she loves to annoy her older brother when she's bored. She's also a bit shy when you first meet her.

Why Y/N's anorexia formed: As I mentioned earlier, part of it is her body dysmorphia. Her body dysmorphia is to the point that any other female, she would compare herself to them. "that girl is so skinny compared to me. I'm fat..." or "she is so pretty... I wish I could look like her." or sometimes it's pointing out certain features in their appearance and saying she wishes her ______ could look like the other girls.

Part of it is also the genetic component behind it. Y/n had an aunt on her mom's side with anorexia, creating the genetic component. The aunt passed away from it when Y/n was 6 years old. However, the family didn't notice the signs the aunt showed and only found out the truth when she died.

There is also the third and last reason- the feeling of control that comes with it. Back at her old home, her parents started arguing a lot one week, which Y/n didn't like at all. Because her sister left later than she did, and her brother always brought lunch to school, Y/n was the one who didn't get lunch money that week. Not in an abusive way, her parents were just arguing whenever Y/n left that week, and Y/n didn't want to bother her parents in the middle of an argument because she didn't want to be a bother. because of that, her parents kind of... forgot. Then there is also the fact that Y/n wasn't popular at school. she was one of those people that wasn't bullied, just not seen. She didn't have any friends. The anorexia was able to stop her from thinking about stuff other than her body, weight, appearance other than body, food, or calories. It gave her a feeling of control in her life.

Y/N's family:

her brother: her brother is L/n Akio. He is the oldest sibling (17, in 3rd year) He is funny, confident, smart, calm, and kind. He always showed a lot of care towards his siblings, except would mess around with them. When the family found out about Y/n's eating disorder, he was the calmest out of all of them. He was the one who went to talk to her first. He asked if she was willing to answer questions. She replied just to give her a moment to process her thoughts and then she would answer.

her sister: her sister is L/n Sakura. She is the youngest (7 years old). She is understanding, hyper, obsevant, smart, and innocent. She loves hanging out with Akio and Y/n. When the family found out about Y/N's eating disorder, Sakura was confused. She doesn't really understand eating disorders at that age, but she knew that is how her aunt died, so she knew it was bad. Sakura now knows the basics of an eating disorder from the parents teaching her them so she wouldn't accidentally trigger Y/n or anything like that.

Her mom: Her mom is L/n Yui. She is patient, caring, a bit stubborn, sweet, and smart. She isn't overbearing, but will spend time a lot of time with her kids. However, if they say they are busy or if they're going to hang out with friends, or doing schoolwork, she will leave them alone. During weeks like exams week, she gives them as much time to themselves as they need. Just a really good mom, and a good person in general.

Her dad: her dad is L/n Hiro. He is generous, a bit cold at times, gentle, calm, and smart. He works a lot, but does pay attention to Akio, Sakura, Y/n, and Yui a lot. When he gets stressed he doesn't show them as much attention, and acts colder than most of the time. He is overall a good parent, but it's best to leave him be when he is stressed.

Y/n's anorexia:

Y/n counts calories, limits food intake, does the mirror checks, checks her weight twice a day, and measures body parts. When she goes over her calorie limit or eats a fear food, she purges.

that is all I can think of right now. if I need to add more that you noticed, or if I notice that I need to add something, I will. just point out any mistakes, please. I appreciate constructive criticism.

Chapter wrote on March 12, 2021