Chapter 5: therapy

Sorry I hadn't uploaded in a little while. Two days ago was... really bad, to say the least. yesterday, I had a stomach ache and couldn't think of anything. But, at least I'm uploading right now, right?

TW (for this chapter): anorexia

Y/n's POV

"Y/n, sweetheart, get in the car. It's time for therapy." Mom said as she stood at my door frame. "Ok. Just give me a second to get dressed." She walked off

I put on a grey headband, black and f/c off-the-shoulder hoodie, navy leggings, and white and f/c shoes. I also had a black and white bracelet with a(n) o/f/c charm.

I went downstairs, and got in the car with my mom "is Dad coming with us?" I ask. 

"Sorry, sweetie. He has to work, remember?" "Oh, yeah. Sorry, I forgot for a second." "It's ok."

after the drive

I got out of the car. Mom and I walked in. I went into the room to wait for Dr. Hime. Mom was waiting outside, of course.

 When she came in, she said "Hi, Y/n! It's nice to see you."  "Hello, Dr. Hime." I said quietly, playing with my thumb.

"Y/n, I told you... please call me Himari. Also, please stop playing with your thumb? You may start bleeding and we don't want that to happen, Bubs." she said, cheery as always. I honestly don't know how she does it. 

Himari is like the cool aunt who is a bit younger than the parent she is related to. She is cool, understands trends, calm, caring, and funny. She has wavy light brown hair that falls just above her waist, and blue eyes. I've also noticed her eyes become brighter and shimmer when you tell a funny story or something nice that happened within the last week, but if you say something sad within it, her eyes immediately show pure and true empathy. However, she won't interrupt your story to ask about it, like some people would.

"Ok. Sorry, Himari." "It's no problem. Anyway, how are you, Bubs?" she said. I've also noticed she has a habit of calling people, Bubs, or Bub, or Bubu. It's just like how my mom uses sweetie pie, or sweetheart, or sweetie for my siblings and I. I've never found nicknames annoying, and find it kinda sweet when people use them. However, I don't use them myself.

"I'm doing good." "How is everything with the new school?"

"Great, actually. I'm friends with my team. I haven't spoken much to people besides them, the managers, and my brother, who is also going to be a team manager now, by the way." "It's good you are friends with the team. Do they know about your eating disorder?"

"I have to admit, I hadn't told them yet. All the managers know- my brother, obviously he knows. The other two are Kioyko and Yachi. When people are taken out of a game, a manager always stays with the player, so they were informed."  

"It's good that two of them know. I'd like to suggest telling your teammates. The bigger your support system, the easier recovery will be. Having a big support system may mean you could have a full recovery, and a shorter amount of time than the rate you're at right now- though I have to say, you've made progress I am proud of you for."

"That makes sense, but I'm not exactly sure how to tell them. It's not like I can go up to them and say 'hey, I forgot to tell you- I'm anorexic, and that is why I fainted the other day and fell three days before that.' just because it's true. I have to get to know them better, start to trust them more, wait for the right moment, and then tell them. As you say 'trust is everything' but so is timing." I explained.