Chapter 4

Allison

As I watch the hockey game, I cannot help but get into the game

As I watch the hockey game, I cannot help but get into the game. Also, the 2 beers I had earlier loosened my lips a bit; it 5 – 4 in favor of the Islanders; it is nice to see James again. I wore the jersey he gave to my brother to pass it down to me when they met up last year at a all star banquet since his number changed and I had his old one. I was having a great time being with my parents and Jen, it was something I really did need; as the time starts to wind down, I watch the players on the ice nervously hoping that we can hold this lead to win the game.

Danny had an amazing game tonight with 3 goals so far, he was flying and hustling on the ice, and it was impressive. Even my dad was talking my ear off about it. I glance over at Jennifer, giving me a sly smile each time his name was announced during the game; I ignore it because I know exactly what she wants to tease me about. I'm sure it was the little interaction we had with Danny before the game.

We won the game, and the arena erupts with cheers. We watch flurries of press crowd the players, and then we saw a few of the players fall back to sign pucks and autographs to the children hanging in the stands. I say my goodbyes to my parents and walked back to our row to see Jen leaned back in her seat eating another pretzel. Once she sees me, she gets up, brushing off the salt from the pretzel that fell on her long sleeve shirt.

"Hey Allie, Dave wanted to introduce you to the coach really quick" I nod my head. "That's fine. I want to say a quick HI to James and thank him personally for the new jersey" she looks at me with that same smug look and guides me towards the waiting room in the back.

I watch the coach walk out with David side by side, and he comes over with a smile and shakes my hand. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Ms. Mayer, I have heard great things about you these past few days from David here, and you will be a Rockstar here," he says with a happy smile.

"It's good to hear, coach. I am looking forward to it as well," I respond. We chatted for a few more minutes, met his wife as well, and they were lovely people; as I watched them walk away, I noticed the doors swing open and see a familiar face smiling back at me waving.

"Hey, James! You played great!" I say loudly, and he smiles back. "Thanks, Allison! It is nice to see you again; by the way, that jersey looks great!" putting a thumbs up at me as I spin around for him, making him laugh.

"You have great taste in athletes, Ms.! Plus, Kevin told me about you being a hotshot in Colorado," chuckling at the thought that my brother bragged about me whenever they met up.

"Yeah, well, it was a lot of fun, but I am actually coming here to work now" James raised his eyebrows at me. "oh yeah? That's pretty awesome. Where? here in the city?" James eyes me curiously.

I smile back at him warmly. "Here, actually David persuaded me to come over and work as your physical therapist and team physician since I have a background in that and orthopedics, it'll be a nice change of scenery," I say shyly, knowing the real reason I was making this change but too embarrassed to say it out loud.