Chapter 5

Danny

As I lean in to kiss this beautiful, amazing woman in front of me, I feel someone plop right onto my lap, pushing her back towards her, causing separation between us, and I instantly get irritated

As I lean in to kiss this beautiful, amazing woman in front of me, I feel someone plop right onto my lap, pushing her back towards her, causing separation between us, and I instantly get irritated. I glare at the same blonde that I ran away from that morning last weekend. I am trying to figure out her name.

"Linda, please get off me," as my jaw starts to tense. I look over her shoulder and see Allison's face in shock, her eyes wide, and she scoots over to the other side of the booth to talk to a few of the ladies that were there taking a break from dancing.

Completely ignoring me in the process. As I continue to glare at the blonde who can't take no for an answer, I finally pull her off of me. "I'm sorry, but I really am not interested, Linda," as I watched her roll her eyes.

"it's Lory, and I know you aren't serious" She bats her long fake lashes and licks her lips as she stares at me.

"oh, but I am very serious, please leave me alone" I look over to the other side of the booth where I last saw Allison and noticed she wasn't there.

I scanned the bar and saw her over at the dance floor talking to James and his lady he was dancing with; she gives him a hug, and I see her walking towards the entrance. Was she leaving already? I thought to myself.

"Shit!" I murmured to myself as I got up and tried to chase after her. I can't believe our moment was interrupted by Linda? Jessica? Lory? Shit, it doesn't matter now the only woman that made my heart race, the one who occupied my mind with just one look for the rest of my night, the one that I was so close to tasting was now ruined and running out of the damn bar and god knows when I will see her again.

I barely had time to ask for her number, I mean, I could ask James, but he already warned me to stay away because his brother really wasn't someone to mess with, especially with what happened with, I'm guessing the last guy she was with really messed her up good.

He wasn't really specific with the details, just that it was messy and recent, but I honestly didn't care she had an impact on me like no other woman even came close to; in fact, I would want to send the dude a muffin basket for letting someone like her go and letting me have a chance with her.

Note to self, let me ask James who it is so I know who to send the basket to and thank that idiot. I rush past the crowd and take a few steps out of the bar. I scan the street, and I see Allison headed into a cab.

"Allison!" I yelled out as I ran towards her right before she reaches for the door handle of the cab. "it's not what you think, I promise," pulling her up against my body and brushing my thumb against her cheek, looking into her shining blue eyes.

I lean in, and before she can say anything, I press my lips on hers, and I feel the earth shatter below me. It felt like I was freefalling; her taste alone made me crave her more; it was mind-blowing as she let my tongue explore her mouth even though it was only for a few seconds I felt like I was transported to another world where it was only just us two. My reality was altered when I came back to my senses, and I hear a few gasps to the side where the bar's entrance was. We both pull away to take a breath, I watch her chest heavily go up and down, and I step back from the cab with her still pressed up against me, my hands still on her hips, and her blue eyes staring right into mines.