Chapter 6

Allison

Last night was intense, but I survived it, I told myself as I roll around in bed in my hotel room, trying to avoid the sun in my face shining through the windows; I forgot to close the blinds last night once I got back from work

Last night was intense, but I survived it, I told myself as I roll around in bed in my hotel room, trying to avoid the sun in my face shining through the windows; I forgot to close the blinds last night once I got back from work. I hear my phone buzzing on the nightstand. I groan and low crawl over to the other side of the bed and answer.

"Hello?" A cheerful voice on the other line greets me. "Good morning, sunshine!! How was your first night at work?" Jen says with a tone of curiosity laced in her question.

"It was good Jen, just taped up some of the guys on the team and then checked a few little injuries that is it, not as fast-paced, and I like it," I say sleepily. "What time is it anyway? Why are you so cheery in the morning?" She giggles on the other end causing me to smile as well.

"Well, first off, my best friend is finally back where she belongs, which is near me. Secondly, Dave got me my favorite donuts for breakfast and thirdly, now whenever I go see my hubby at work, I can see my best friend in the world too! which reminds me, how is work going? The team treating you well? Certain players, hmmm" I chuckle at her questions.

"Ah, ok, but you still didn't tell me what time it is?" trying to divert the conversation since all she really wants to know is if I bumped into Danny Callister again.

I know shouldn't have told her about our kiss last week, but I'm telling you when I believe people when they say pregnant women have superpowers! There has to be some truth to it because when I got home that night, she was already in the living room, lying on the couch, feet resting on pillows, with food and ice cream ready to comfort me and all I did was text her that I was headed home.

Since then, she has been a bit more attentive to me but not too clingy when it came to me, and I appreciated it; I knew that a man like Danny was not going to be good for me, then when I got back to Colorado I was thankful that my boss was graciously letting me go. I knew they wanted me to stay and was willing to release others, but I couldn't be there, knowing it could be just another day when Andrew would just show up whenever he wanted to.

He has not stopped calling, texting and just started showing up at my place, so I finally had to change my number, and as I moved out of my place, I stayed with my brother until I left. When I had dinner with my brother to share the news of my move, Kevin took it better than I expected, but he knew why I was doing it, and he couldn't blame me. He was just glad that I was actively trying to move on.

Kevin said he was at least thankful that I had family and friends around and that I wasn't going to be alone, plus he trusted James, and I'm sure James would be his little gossip birdie to Kev, making sure he lets me know that he will always be checking up on me.

Kevin did, however, warn me about a few guys and one of the "Danny Callister." I sighed as if only he knew what happened last time; I was there with Danny. I remembered vividly at our dinner a few days ago.