Chapter 16

Allison

Danny and I are walking towards my mom's and dad's condo in the city; when I told them I was bringing someone to dinner, my mom and dad tried to find out who it was, but I rather they just meet him right then and there

We knock on the door, and I see my mom in her apron as she opens the door, and behind her, the air smells like her specialty good old homestyle country cooking. My mouth starts to water.

"Hi, momma," I smile widely. She looks at us both standing in the hallway and smirks, "Love! Allie bean is here? And you owe me $20," calling out for my dad.

"come in, come in," gesturing for us to get in. "Allie bean?" Danny looking at me, trying hard not to laugh at the nickname my parents gave me since I was born.

"Only my mom calls me that don't think even think about it" I glare back  chuckle as we take our coats off and followed my mom into the living room where dad was sitting down watching sports on the TV. He notices us walk in, and he sighs, which confused me. I would've thought he was a fan of his, so he should be happy? I thought to myself.

"Hey, daddy" I walk over to give him a hug. "Hey, bean," he says with a smile, then looks back at Danny standing just 2 steps behind me. "Momma, daddy, so hmm, this is my boyfriend Danny," I say as naturally as I can with a nervous grin.

Danny leans in to shake my dads' hand with a smile, and he returns the handshake and smile as well, but my mom leans in for a hug, and I chuckle at the grunt he made. She hugged him a little too tight. Then I watch my dad reach into his back pocket and pull out his wallet.

"Well, peach, you were right here" Hands my mom the 20-dollar bill as she chirps and shoves it in her jean pocket. "this will be put into good use," she says happily as she pats her jeans. Danny and I look at each other with confusion?

"Ummm, care to fill us in?" I say, staring at my parents that are all in smiles. "Oh, your momma and I made a bet on who you were bringing; I said James since, well you know, he's like family, but mom said Danny boy here," He says with a chuckle.

"Oh geez" I roll my eyes, and I hear Danny laugh beside me. "Yea, but I doubled or nothing, adding that you were going to tell us you both being together finally," my mom winks at me. I feel red in my cheeks at her confession "seriously, you two, you knew about us??"

"What? I could see it a mile away, baby girl. I know you like the back of my hand and the way you both look at each other even at the games; I could see it." She smirked at both of us. "Momma knows everything, bean; I just figured you would tell us when you were ready," walking over, patting my shoulder.

"Yeah, well, your mom noticed it, but I didn't believe her when she told me, but here we are, and she already knows she's always right," my dad jokes. "As long as you take good care of my baby girl son, we will be fine" he looks over to Danny.