Chapter 21

Allison

Since it was the off-season, the workload wasn't too bad; I would just do the Physical therapy sessions I had with a few of the teammates that were recovering from minor injuries they got during the season or tried to rehabilitate so that they wil...

Since it was the off-season, the workload wasn't too bad; I would just do the Physical therapy sessions I had with a few of the teammates that were recovering from minor injuries they got during the season or tried to rehabilitate so that they will be good for the next season, after finishing a PT session and a quick gym workout for myself or working my on-call shifts at the city hospital near us.

Danny had a few promotional kinds of stuff to do for the NHL all-star game we would be headed to this coming weekend. He was busy, So I decided to take Jen to lunch and have a little baby spa day since she is due any day; she's been extra restless.

The other day she came over to the arena right after a PT session to complain about how uncomfortable she was. We both were looking for old-school remedies to try and see if there is anything she could do or eat to induce her contractions since she's been in and out of the hospital due to Braxton hicks' contractions. She was growing more and more frustrated when she's headed into being over her due date.

I went home to take a quick shower and change into a cute little dress and boots. Jen just texted me, and I was about another 5 minutes away from the café where we were going to eat before heading to the little spa appt we booked. I was in a cab sitting at a red light when I looked over to a restaurant and noticed Danny sitting inside. It confused me because he said he was in photoshoots and interviews all day, and it was far from where he was supposed to be. There was a purse on the small table he was sitting at, but I didn't see anyone.

The light turned green, and traffic started to move, a second later, I see a pretty blonde sat at the table, and they both smiled at each other as they started talking again. I felt confused, so I pulled my phone out to give him a call.

"Hey baby," his voice loud and clear on the other line of my phone. "Hey honey, are you almost done with the promotional stuff?" I tried to fish for a reaction to his tone.

"Ahh, no, we are still here, but they said it wouldn't be too long, just a few more pictures, and I'll be headed home to change and go for the workout with James at the gym." He says coolly.

I felt my stomach turn into knots because I knew he was lying, but I couldn't say or do anything unless it really was something I needed to worry about. Things can always be misinterpreted, right? I thought to myself to try and reassure myself.

But still I started getting sick to my stomach, though because of all of the memories of how Andrew did and said the same things only difference between him and Andrew was that I was head over heels in love with Danny, we were engaged, and I swear I believe him whenever he tells me he loves me so why do I feel this way I trust him don't I?

We hung up, and I just arrived at the café, and I see Jen smiling sitting at our table, and I plaster a smile on my face and do my best to try and not overthink everything I just saw. There has to be a reason for it, right?