Chapter 22

Danny

Ever since we got to Florida, I feel something a little off with Allison; she isn't moping or sad around others, but she is either crying or looking sad when I catch her alone or by herself

Ever since we got to Florida, I feel something a little off with Allison; she isn't moping or sad around others, but she is either crying or looking sad when I catch her alone or by herself. When we make love, I feel like she holds on to me tighter, like she's afraid I'll go away, which is crazy because I am not going anywhere.

When we got here, we immediately met up with her brother, and I was hoping that would cheer her up, but she is still sad when I catch her alone in the room. We just finished the All-star game, and she looked great in my Jersey; each time I saw her, she smiled back at me, and it always made me feel like I wanted to show off in front of her.I scored two goals, and Andrew had none. In fact, he sucked ass, and I loved it, we would bump into each other here and there, and we all knew that it was inevitable, but I made sure I never left her alone just in case his slimy self would come and bother her again. I tried asking her if anything was wrong, but she would shrug it off with just her being tired, and I knew it has to be something else. It's just I had to be patient. She will tell me when she's ready, I always told myself.

We were at a restaurant on the beach with James, Kevin, and Allison having a few drinks when she asked to go to the bathroom.

"Hey, Danny, what's up with my sister?" Kevin is looking at me from across the table."I really have no clue Kev, she's been like that all week. It can't be work season is over" I shrug, confused.

"Right! I was thinking the same could it be the wedding? Wedding planning stress?" James asked.

"Could be, but I don't know why I hired the best wedding planner in New York, so she shouldn't stress out," I answered "oh, Stacy finished her wedding ring look" I took my cell out of pocket, showing the picture from my phone.

"Whoa, that's pretty, man! My sister will love it," but the compliment was short-lived when. "oh god, you knocked up my sister, and her hormones are all whack," Kev says, groaning. "Dude, she's drinking beer with us! If she is and knows it, she would never touch alcohol," James says, smacking Kevin's shoulder, shutting that idea down in his head. "and Danny, man, I'm sure she will love. I told you Stacy was THE best Ring designer of New York," James says.

"James is right, plus, I would notice don't they like to miss their period or something? So far, she's had it each time, including recently" naturally talking about it, but I see the guy's face cringe at the topic.

I was about to say something, but I saw Allison coming from the bathroom, and she smiles back at us at the table.