3

"Get ready, Sienna," Nikola suggested, after discussing his ambitions with Sienna. 

"Why?" Sienna questioned, getting ready to leave the room. It was annoying yet inspiring when Nikola talked about his plans. However, she currently had better things to do and couldn't stand another moment with him. 

"We are going to the Kayi Tribe to meet the great Osman Bey," he said sarcastically.  

Sienna stopped as soon as she heard her father's murderer's tribe's name. Although it was her vengeance that kept her alive, she was haunted by the past and shook whenever that name was spoken. After thinking about everything that could go wrong, which ended up being less than a second, she decided it was no time for cowardice. She gripped her sword's handle and replied, "There's no need to get ready if we're going to see that shepherd." 

Nikola chuckled, "What about the gifts? It's rude not to bring gifts. Or your horse? You need your horse t-" 

"ALRIGHT!" she interrupted. "I get it. I'll go 'get ready.' Open the doors!" Sienna left the room, followed by Nikola and rushed to get everything ready. 

They mounted their horses, took a handful of soldiers and trotted out of the castle, heading towards the Kayi Tribe.  

"Race you?" Nikola smirked.  

Sienna smirked back, "Don't bite off more than you can chew, Nikola." 

"Oho, you think you will beat me? That's cheap, Sienna. I taught you everything you know." 

Sienna chuckled, "Let's see if the pupil has become the master then. Yah!" 

"Yah!" 

Nikola and Sienna raced through the grasslands, breathing in the fresh morning breeze, and pushing their horses to ride faster than the other. Their love of competition was one of few things they had in common. Whether playfully or seriously, Sienna and Nikola had competed against each other ever since they met twelve years ago. Sienna was just 11 while Nikola was 19. Despite their age difference, they connected almost instantly and were inseparable ever since. Except when Sienna was thrown in the dungeon, where she thought Nikola had abandoned her, but recent turn of events proved that wrong. Nikola's friendship was a gift. Very few people understood that. Even though they had gotten on each other's nerves multiple times, they would never abandon each other.  

Sienna could see the front of the Kayi Tribe and suddenly, all her energy drained away. She could see the flags and the Kayi symbol, which brought back memories of when Ertugrul took over Kuluchaisar years ago.    

"I win! I guess the pupil still has learning to do," Nikola teased.  

Sienna was quiet and stayed silent as they entered the tribe, where the people were throwing curses at them.  

Nikola watched Sienna and noticed her poorly disguised straight face. No matter how serious she tried to be, Sienna could never fully hide her emotions. Her striking sea-green eyes always gave it away. They were as clear as the sea, as he liked to put it. Nikola decided to enlighten her mood. "Do you know the war of Goth, Sienna?" 

Sienna sighed in frustration, "No." 

"Can men who don't know a thing about history be soldiers?"