14

A song that kinda relates to Sienna.

3 DAYS LATER

At the break of dawn, Goktug ate in his tent, filling himself up before he and Boran were to meet Osman Bey away from the tribe. They were to rescue the Kuman leader Inal Bey's daughter from the Byzantine. The Kumans were another race of Turks that also descended from Oguz Khan but practiced a different faith and held different cultures.

He cleaned up and started changing into his armour when an unfamiliar dagger fell out of his weapon rack. Goktug picked it up and turned it over; it held the symbol of Rome along with the something written in Latin he couldn't decipher carved on the handle. The sheath was jet black and there was a tint of deep aqua- it looked as if the owner tried rubbing off the colour. He pulled the sheath out to see a curved blade that shone whenever he tilted it, but what impressed Goktug most was how sharp it was. Even if he simply touched the edge, he would bleed. Goktug furrowed his brow for a while when an image landed in his mind. "Sienna."

He remembered pulling out her weapons when they took back the captives from Aya Nikola after he conquered Karachaisar. He forgot to return this dagger along with her sword when she was free to go back- though Goktug decided it was mostly her fault after the way she stormed back in, hurriedly snatching back her weapons...or weapon. He sighed as he thought of giving it back, but a tiny part of his mind smiled at the thought of seeing her again. He slapped himself. "Get a hold of yourself, Goktug," he scolded himself. "She's going to get you killed. She will kill you...or attempt to next time you see her. This is no time to exchange gifts." He stiffly tucked the dagger in the back of his armour and attached the rest of his weapons before heading out.

---

The day before, Nikola and Sienna had captured the most beloved commanders of the Kuman Turks along with their leader Inal Bey. They taunted Targun Hatun and blackmailed her into following their orders to end Osman and his loved ones. Today, Sienna received news that Osman 'rescued' Targun Hatun from their hands. Unbeknownst to Osman Bey, he fell right into their trap.

Sienna was about to leave to inform Nikola when Derya tugged on her tunic. "Please don't go," she pleaded quietly.

Sienna sighed playfully. "I have to, Deryam, it's my duty. And when you're responsible for something, you don't abandon it. Okay?"

Derya shook her head. "But you're responsible for me, and you're always leaving. I don't have anyone to play with."

Sienna kneeled in front of her and rubbed her arms. "I know, and I'm sorry." Derya looked down. "Fine, when I leave you..." Sienna scanned the room for something to write with and grabbed a pen with a napkin, handing it over to the young girl. "...write whatever you want to play, and when I come back in the night, I'll look through it. Deal?"

"But you're always tired when you come back."

Sienna made a thinking face. "I'll stay awake this time. You'll have to stay awake too. Deal?" Derya nodded, and Sienna smiled. "Good." After sending her one last look, Sienna locked the room from the outside, tucking the key in her belt and heading toward Nikola's chamber.

After returning and unlocking the door easily to see Derya sound asleep the day before, Sienna started trusting her again and did not stress as much when she left the room.

She entered to see Nikola smoothing his statue of Julius Caesar and resisted the urge to roll her eyes at his new obsession. "Osman rescued Targun Hatun," she told him.

"As expected..." Nikola said unbothered, walking around the statue to face its back. "...of Osman."

"He's taking her to the tribe," she smirked.