6

Blood. There was blood everywhere. Dead bodies of Nikola's soldiers lied on the ground, blood pouring from their armour. Sienna knelt to get a closer look and turned the head of one of the soldiers. The side of his neck was covered in blood. She turned over his head to the other side, showing the same thing. An arrow had pierced through his neck. You could not even protect yourself from them, she thought as she understood the culprit. She looked at the blood that smeared her fingers and sighed. After quietly praying for the soldiers, she wiped her hands.  

Two people were heading their way, and the soldiers unsheathed their swords. Sienna got up and did the same when she realized it was more of Nikola's men. The soldiers and Sienna put away their weapons as the two jumped off their horses and one walked towards Sienna.  

Sienna watched the soldier expectingly. After all, the ammunition they were to receive from the Mongols to kill the Turks was gone. "Any traces left from the ammunition?" 

"We are looking for it everywhere. There are no traces. It's like they vanished." 

Sienna looked away and sighed in frustration. Now she was certain. "They took out the arrows from the dead bodies. They wanted to vanish. Turks...only Turks have those bows that can open big holes...Only Turks." Saying the name of the people that destroyed her came out like poison.  

"How did they find out?" 

Sienna clenched her fists. "There is a traitor in Inegol Castle." 

---

After greeting the cook, Eleftelya was called to prepare dinner for Nikola. She gave the letter, containing information about the new Tekfur to her deaf father. Making sure her mouth moved as clearly as possible, she whispered, "Sienna has returned," and left.  

Before she was thrown in the dungeon, Sienna and Eleftelya shared the same room. They grew closer over the years after Sienna's father died. The first few nights were spent chatting and laughing, but then Sienna slowly started to grow distant. She would never be around when there was an important event in the castle, and she was never in her bed when Eleftelya checked. Eleftelya then stayed awake those nights Sienna disappeared. She waited.  

The door of the room slowly opened, and a small figure sneaked in. Eleftelya watched with horror as the figure came into the light. She was drenched in red liquid, her messy hair tangled, her face and hands smeared with dirt and blood. Sienna slowly took out the weapon she hid in her sleeve and hid it under her bed. Eleftelya was confused. "Where were you?" 

Sienna exhaled in exasperation. "Why are you awake this late?" 

"I could ask you the same thing," 

"I had some business to take care of...it's dealt with now," 

Eleftelya could feel the smirk on Sienna's face even as her back was turned. "Why are you wet?" 

"It was raining," 

"You were outside?" 

"I told you I had something to take care of!"  

Eleftelya jumped in fright. Sienna had not been this angry in a long time. "Where did you get that weapon?" she asked quietly.