10

"Have you heard from Osman Bey?" Lena asked Bala, preparing ointments from the herbs she collected in the healing tent.

"After learning what happened to Goktug, he got on his horse and left. I haven't heard from him since then," Bala replied, a longing gaze on her face.

"My Ertugrul Bey won't let anyone harm Goktug. Don't worry. Osman Bey knows that well," Lena assured.

"Yes but... that cruel commander Sienna won't let it go." Lena froze upon the mention of her sister, but Bala took no notice and continued, "Have you heard of her? They say she grew up in a dungeon, and that was her punishment for killing countless Kayis... Let alone a woman, I didn't know anyone to be that cruel."

Lena looked away and tried distracting herself with her job. Bala detected her uneasy expression and asked, "Have you heard this name before?"

Lena didn't answer and turned away from Bala, distracting herself further. Let alone know that name...

---

"Right when I was about to kill him, a bear-like man jumped out of the forest and ruined everything! He took Osman from us! I was this close Nikola," Sienna explained after he scolded her for not catching Osman.

Nikola squeezed his eyes shut then took a bite of his food, which Sienna eyed longingly. "Tell me again."

"We cornered Osman when a bear came and took him away!"

Nikola gripped his fork tighter and spun in, "Tell me again. Again! Again!"

Sienna swallowed; she hadn't seen Nikola this angry in a long time. "A-A bear... A bear saved Osman," she repeated, now slightly stammering.

Nikola raised an eyebrow at her, and she could see him shaking with fury. "A bear?" He laughed, then raged at her answer, "A bear?! A bear!" Sienna watched him as he slowly stood up, "And you... you failed to show them who the real bear is?!" He yelled, slamming his fork onto the table, glaring at her. Nikola picked up his wine glass, then threw it on the ground, "I don't want wine; I want blood! Blood! BLOOD!" He paced around, panting with fury as Sienna inhaled sharply and looked away. She failed to catch Osman. She failed her mission. She failed her cause.

"I will take such revenge from Ertugrul, the pain will destroy him, Sienna! It will destroy him!" Nikola swore through gritted teeth, squishing the apple in his hand from fury.

Sienna glanced at the apple and calmed him, "We will make them vomit blood, Nikola."

He dropped the apple and paced around before kicking his chair and stomping over to his throne.

"What do you have in mind, Nikola?"

"We will be a nightmare upon the other son of Ertugrul. A nightmare."

Sienna exhaled quietly, keeping her frustration hidden from Nikola's fury. He was talking about Gunduz. She ached to get revenge on Savci for taking everything away from her, but she knew she had to wait.

"Ertugrul..."

---

Nikola and Sienna pulled over their black cloaks and mounted their horses with a few disguised soldiers, heading for Kuluchaisar Castle's inn, where Gunduz was in charge.

They entered the inn and the soldiers sat in small groups while Nikola and Sienna took a seat near the middle of the room.

"Give me a feast, Han Keeper," Sienna ordered the cook who passed by their table as nicely as she could, receiving a dirty look from Nikola. Her smile turned into an annoyed look, "Give us a feast, Han Keeper." The cook nodded, eyeing them a little longer before heading off to the kitchen.