7

It was time to set Sogut on fire. Nikola insisted Sienna should take a few soldiers with her. even though she knew her anger would be enough defence. Sienna reluctantly agreed and headed for Sogut. She opened the chests full of the flying flame and started pouring it on the ground to some hills near Sogut, from where she would light the powder. She poured more gunpowder, reciting a poem maniacally as the soldiers watched, "A silent... and peaceful night, that was. The stars were covering me, my dad, and my sister with compassion... Last night, I saw my father." She stood still remembering her nightmare. She grabbed the torch from the soldier and continued, "That damn night where the alps of Ertugrul snuck into Karachaisar Castle cunning like a snake, silent like a rat... It is time for revenge...No more taking what is ours, Ertugrul Bey," she spat remembering her father, and her sister. "No more."

She lowered the torch and the fire touched the fuel. Sienna and the soldiers back away as the fire slithered through the trail and slowly swallowed the powder. "Let's see how your Ertugrul Bey will save you from the wrath of gunpowder," she uttered, fantasizing the damage as the fire lit her eyes, resembling the anger she felt. She passed the torch back to the soldier and raised a hand as they started leaving. "Stop! Sogut will be in chaos. Change...be silent. Only pour as much as will allow you to run from Sogut. Put it on fire and run, and make sure to save everyone who is not a Turk. You will all be heroes tonight." The soldiers nodded and left to do their job.

Someone arrived with a torch in his hand and Sienna turned to him. "They put the materials in the warehouse, Sienna."

Sienna smiled and nodded, "You will be rewarded for your brotherhood in heaven."

"I don't want to leave it to heaven. My only wish is that you are saved from the Turks...so, I can reopen my tavern."

Sienna understood and smiled, "Soon, soon. I will be your first customer." The man smiled in thanks. Her people may not have helped her, but she was willing to do what she could to help others, remembering not to get too close.

She stared at the Sogut Bazaar. Sogut...after conquering Karachaisar, you moved to Sogut eh Ertugrul. Sienna remembered going there for her first hearing. The court was set up at Sogut because it was known for its justice. After the court declared her guilty, the Tekfur at the time demanded to punish her at his prison. So, he took her to Karachaisar's court, inviting Ertugrul and his family. There, she was proven guilty as well. Sienna had broken the treaty with him and Ertugrul, and he lost face. So, despite her young age, he threw her in their securest prison. She lost her family. She lost her friends. She lost her sanity. All thanks to the 'just court of Sogut.' Sienna paced on the hill impatiently, thinking about the past. She couldn't wait to see Sogut burn. She couldn't wait to see the place that made her life a living hell burn in its own fire.

It happened.

Sienna turned to see a giant explosion, red-orange fire erupted from Sogut's inn, then disappeared into a cloud of smoke. She couldn't help but smile. Cackling, she cursed, "Die bastards! Die! Die!" She exhaled in relief and gazed at the sky. "Sleep peacefully in your grave, father. Your daughter, Sienna, is back for your revenge. They may have taken Lena away silently, but they won't get away with what they did to you. I swear."

---

"Come on Lena Hatun, let's finish the vinegar," Bala Hatun said as Lena entered the healing tent. Lena nodded and pulled up her sleeve, revealing a thin bracelet, with the sign of a cross dangling from the chain. Bala noticed the cross and stared at it then glanced at Lena and continued cutting the apples. Lena saw Bala's expression and decided to tell her while cutting the apples, "Nobody told you?"

"What?"

"That I am an Orthodox Christain."

"No."