two

We arrive at the party located just a quick ten minute drive from campus. We had to split up into two cars so Sharife, Zaire and Mikey came with me, in my black pick up truck. While Omar drove Bronny and Liv. We parked down the street and could hear the loud ass music already. God this is going to be a long night. Don't get me wrong I'm all for parties but I feel like my education is more important and that's really all I need to be focused on. Softball and school those are the two subjects running through my head 24/7. My goal is to one day be the starting short stop for Canada's team in the olympics. I chose Arizona State strictly for their academics combined with the strong softball team.

"Hello earth to Lani the boys are already inside what are you waiting for" asks Liv

I snap back into reality realizing I'm standing right in front of the door. I open it and walk in with Liv right on my tail.

There's people dancing to my right, the kitchen people (ones eating the food) are to the left and straight ahead I catch the stoners/alcoholics. Clearly the boys don't have a game tomorrow seeing as Jalen and Sharife are having a chugging competition. I turn and Liv is no where to be found but as I scan the room I see her and Omar creeping up the stairs.
Great now I'm on my own I thought to myself.

"TWINNN" Shareef screams

We just started calling eachother that because of how similar we are. I think to myself thank god for Shareef now i'm not stuck with these drunk idiots.

He walks up to me and ushers me over to meet some of his teammates.

"Damn she bad bro this all you?" questions a bulk tall black guy.

"Nah shes like my little sister chill with that" Shareef replies

"Yo Gup c'mere" calls Shareef

Next thing I see is this pretty boy approaching, I'm pretty tall- or so I used to think apparently 5'9 is nothing compared to these 6'5 boys. He and Reef are basically towering over me.

"Josh this is Kehlani, Lani this is my bestfriend Josh Christopher" explains Reef

"Hi it's nice to meet you" I politely speak

Josh Christopher's POV

Damn this girl is so bad how the hell does Reef even know her. Igh I should probably introduce myself even though she most likely knows who I am. Cause let's be real who doesn't?

"Josh, and you too ma" I say

She laughs- her teeth are so pretty what the fuck.

"Joshy baby come back here"

Ugh I turn to Reef and tell him I'll catch him in a bit. I go to say the same to Kehlani but she is already gone, I look around and catch her chilling with Bronny and Zaire. Fuck man

Now Bronny I love that's my son. Zaire not so fucking much he has no respect for women and that's something that disgusts me. My momma taught me right clearly his did not. That's not even the half of it but we can get into that later.

I walk off towards where my name was being called. I see my "girl" who's really just my fuck buddy. She's kind of clingy and possessive I get why though- dick game strong what can I say. I sit down and take a sip of my water while scanning the room. She sits on my lap as I make eye contact with Kehlani- she breaks it right away. Eh whatever though it's not like she knows me no biggie.

back to Lani's POV

Couple hours later

I'm kind of over this night half the boys are drunk. Bronny is dancing like a clown and Omar and Liv are still nowhere to be found. I've only been drinking water because no need for all that shit my first night plus I'm driving. I walk out to the back of the house and see a basketball court it may be 1am so it's a damn good thing they got lights out here. Now I'm no Lebron James (how ironic that i'm friends with his kid) but I played back in high school let's see if I still got it.