seven

I can not even look at him I just start to take down the bow net, collecting the balls and putting them back into their bucket. Once I finish I just walk right out he calls my name several times but I can't- no I refuse to hear him out.

Josh Christopher's POV

Man I know I fucked up, I didn't realize Kehlani would be at my game she told me she couldn't come. I don't even know what I would say if I tried to explain myself to her.

Straight after my game I break up with Izzy and go after her. Izzy was my girlfriend it's always been on and off with us because she's mad annoying sometimes and gets on my ass about having even just girl friends yet she has cheated on me multiple times, I don't even know why I go back to her. I guess it's just cause she's always been there and it's comfortable I'm just used to her.

I go back into my car and just decide to drive home and sleep it off. I don't know how I'm going to make things right with Kehlani but I will.

As I'm driving home in my black SUV I get a call that stops my music because my phone is connected to my car, I'm already in a pissed off mood I hope it's not bouta be someone who's gonna make it worse.

It's just Reef thank god I could use my best friend to get my mind off shit, I answer the call

"Yo wassup"

"What the fuck is wrong with you bro" Reef sounds hella mad oh fuck.

"What are you talking about bro?" I reply he can't know about Lani right? I know they're close but it just happened.

"I'm on my way to your crib we'll talk then" Shareef tells me.

"Ight peace"

Kehlani's POV
Friday November 28th, 2020

Omar, Sharife and Jalen all left awhile back they only could stay for so long because they had their own lives to go home to. I've really been avoiding Reef and I feel super bad about it because it's not his fault what went down shouldn't even be a big deal it should matter ten times more to Josh's girlfriend then I. I found out a couple days later from Bronny that he told her and broke up with her right after his game when all that went down.

I couldn't imagine doing that to someone especially since apparently they've been dating since high school. Bronny did say that they've always been on and off so I guess it's not a very healthy relationship. So I haven't ran into Josh since he calls or texts me every once and awhile but I don't bother responding. I hang out with Zaire a lot now, Mikey and Bronny come hang whenever they can if they are off from their travel teams games.

Unfortunately for me I'm going to a party tonight I kind of feel obligated to make it up to Reef due to the fact of me ignoring him for about a month.

I'm just grateful it's not a party-party apparently it's a banquet for the players and they all get to bring as many friends as they want.

I've been really set in on working out and off season training since the only reason we got to play a few exhibition games in October was because of how nice the weather happened to be. Now we're just off practicing until season in spring through summer.

I hear my door unlock and in walks Liv. Liv was away a lot because sadly her father has developed lung cancer. We aren't sure how long he has so she felt it was important to take a couple weeks off in order to be there for him and her family.

Now that she's home I try my best to keep her mind off it, speaking of I should convince her to come with me, Bronny and Zaire to the banquet!

"Liviiii" I puppy dog face

"Oh Lani what do you want" she asks knowingly

"Wanna come with the the little ball players banquet/dinner thing tonight" I ask smiling

"Not really no" She laughs

"Cmon Livs what if I see Jayden (my ex boyfriend), or even worse Josh" I plead

"Okay fine, why do you even have to go" she wonders aloud

"I made a promise to Shareef that I intend to keep."

We head into our own rooms to do our hair and makeup routines

her hair and makeup

Lani's dress and nails

530pm
Still Friday

I'm just leaving my room as Liv opens the door and enters Zaire and Bronny. They all turn to me and stare. Great now I feel self conscious.

"What is this too much? Should I change?" I ask

"Nah you look gorgeous, you'll look even better on my arm" Bronny winks.

"Watch yourself B. Guess that leaves me and you LDog." Zaire glares at Bronny.

Zaire and Liv have really developed a cute brother sister type bond that I adore. I love Liv to death and I'm glad to know she has someone as great as Zaire in her corner.

Zaire and I are sorta talking I guess you could call it? We've been on multiple dates and we just hang out a lot, and we've sorta maybe kissed on each other a bit. Yet with Bronny it's cool he's my best friend even though he flirts with me all the time him and Zaire are bros so as long as he stays cool with it I'm good with it and we all know it's just for jokes.

"Shall we get goners" Liv announces

"What the fuck is that type english bro" Bronny asks with and drags me out the door with him.

The boys surprised us with a Limo and I'm so grateful for that I am ready to get drunk at the after party tonighttt.

Oh did I forget to mention that? Yeah after the whole opening ceremonies whatever yahta yahta we have a nice dinner and then one of the boys are hosting a big party afterwards which I'm personally pumped for Ive been so into school I really need to let loose.