eight

We walk out of the limo and head toward the fountain that we are suppose to be meeting Shareef at. I have Zaire on my arm with Bronny and Liv walking side by side behind us.

Liv has on a gorgeous dark green dress similar style to mine with plain black heels and some gold jewelry. Then the boys are both in black suits with Zaire's tie matching my dress and Bronny sticking to a black one. (Liv is still dating Omar)

We approach our destination and start to look around for Reef. I call him twice and no answer, great he is the one we need to walk into the hall with in order to be allowed inside we need him. I strut away looking like a model and a half into the side of the hotel I stumble a bit but someone catches me before I fall.

I glance up to meet eyes with the one and only Josh Christopher. Great as if my night could get any worse. I quickly do a step back and turn to walk away when he touches my arm.

"Lani, I'm sorry you know I am please just give me a chance to explain myself"

Just as I was about to fall into his trap I hear Zaire calling me over back to the group. They found Shareef let's go.

We all shuffle into the building and are seated at one of the several long tables I take a seat next to Reef with Liv, Bronny and Zaire infront of me and an empty chair to my right.

Bronny has dipped off to find us some pre banquet snacks while Zaire and Liv indulge in a conversation I peek at Shareef and wait for him to meet my glance. Once he does I begin to apologize,

"Reef I'm sorry okay I know it was wrong of me to ignore you when nothing was your fault. I just really tried to focus on my academics and training."

"So you had enough time to be with Zaire but not hangout with me huh" Shareef rolls his eyes.

"Look you know as well as I do that you are Gup's best friend and if I were to stay close to you there's a super high chance I'd run into him a lot sooner then now" I explain. "For some odd reason Zaire isn't tight with Josh so it was easy to stay around him, no drama no issues." I finish content with my reasoning.

"Yeah well they aren't close for a fucking good reason" Shareef spits out then dramatically stomps away.

Josh decided to come and sit down right beside me as he knew how annoyed that would make me. I get up to find Reef and guess who follows. Yup you guessed it Josh Christopher. Well we're searching he tries to explain himself as fast as he possibly could.

"Look I get you are hurt by me and I'm sorry I really am, I broke up with her right after my game I didn't know she'd show up. She just texted me the morning before you and I got together that she was with another guy and that she wanted to take a break anyways. We're on and off but it's toxic and I want to move on from her and you felt like my fresh start in a way. I really don't know why she was at my game but she acted as if we were just fine and I'm so used to her games that I followed right along with it." He sighed.

I hug him and it really takes him by surprise. Within a couple second he wraps his arms around my waist and brings me into his body. We pull away but his hands stay planted on my waist as he leans in.

"I'm sorry I can't I've been talking to someone" I don't let it get any further.

"That hug was me saying I forgive you and we can be friends." I smile

"Finally y'all made up so we can go back to hanging out I'm not mad anymore" Shareef exclaims as he's walking up.

We both look to him and roll our eyes.

"Okay let's go back inside I'm starving and my mom always said it's never good to drink on an empty stomach." I say

"Who says you are drinking tonight" Shareef questions.

"Me, myself and I motherfucker."

Josh laughs "She got you there buddy"

We head back into our seats just as they are serving the first course meals. Which are my fave a caesar salad with white breadsticks.

8pm

As the fourth overall speech was coming into a close I get up in order to use the restroom. Being the clumsy directional freak that I am I find it in no time but definitely after a few tumbles and stumbles.

After washing my hands and checking my hair I exit the washrooms to be met with none other then my most hated man of the century Jayden Johnson.

"KJ!" he says

"What Jay" I ask clearly annoyed with major attitude.

"Do you go here?" he asks

"Yeah clearly and you know that. It's been my dream for years Jayden. I'm on the Sun Devils softball team." I roll my eyes.

"Congrats baby I'm on Arizona State's football team" he smiles

"I'm not your baby and I know I've talked to your dad recently" I tell him

"Don't be that way KJ I know you still love me"

"I'll probably always have love for you, you were my first love. But you fucking cheated on me with my so called best friend on our one and a half year anniversary." I cried out as my voice cracked.

"Lani we've been waiting for you is everything good?" Bronny questions as he approaches and places himself in between Jayden and myself.

"Yeah let's go back to the table B." I fake smile and wipe my tears.

9pm

Finally multiple courses, seven speeches and an awkward encounter with my ex boyfriend later we were moving on to the long awaited moment of the night

The After Party...