Glass Ceiling Part 20

298

The number represented Rydr's current physical might. The figure caused his brain to stutter. The giant held the boulder away from him with relative ease. 

Rydr's current strength score, without [Berserker's Rage], peaked at eight points higher than double the giant's normal strength score. 

The sphere's once crushing weight settled easily against Rydr's palms. Even the regular pulses, which made the boulder heavier, barely registered to the giant.

The giant felt so relaxed that he [Inspected] the boulder. 

Rydr pulse quickened when he discovered the plethora of ore at his literal fingertips

Nonplussed, Rydr noted the description of the "ancient Etherways" before he dismissed it. The boulder's weight made it impossible for Rydr to store it and run away with the massive bounty. 

But I want it. I want all of it. 

 There was one problem in his way.

 I am about to die again.

*00:00:10:11*

Ten seconds remained in [Peerless Physique]'s duration. When the skill ran out, the giant's enormous strength buff would vanish, leaving him to be ground into a paste. 

Half of Rydr's stamina slowly ticked up as his new strength allowed stamina regeneration to start again. While the giant watched the stamina bar go up, the boulder's weight started to become a problem again.

A crazy plan entered Rydr's brain. A niggling thought made the giant flip around. With his back presented to the boulder, Rydr let it smash into him, stiffly sliding a meter. It nearly knocked his breath out, but Rydr still managed to gasp for air.

Then Rydr pulled his pickax out. The weapon appeared in his hands as the blood-drenched giant braced against the boulder. 

The second bonus listed on the simple tool gave Rydr hope to live

The second bonus listed on the simple tool gave Rydr hope to live. If it functioned the way, he hoped. Time bore down on his shoulders, so Rydr started his "plan."