The Plan Part 24

"Wait, wait, hold the phone. Do you own Musculo? Are you high? You live on Level One, dude." Ronny waved his hand in front of his face, dismissing the notion entirely.

Ryan blinked up at him, "Wanna bet?" Apparently, blood loss made the Titan sassy. 

So tired...

Ronny squinted at him, "What's the bet? I don't do vague promises!"

Ryan laughed, which turned into a bloody cough before he said, "That I can show you at least two shocking things tonight."

The teen deadpanned, "Dude, that's so vague, I can't even see the water, murky or otherwise."

Ryan raised his eyebrows, surprised even that hurt, and challenged, "Go into my room and turn on the lights."

Ronny lifted his eyebrows and shrugged before he spun on his heel and took a few steps into Ryan's room. Ryan heard the teen command the lights to turn on, and then nothing for a few moments.

Ryan struggled to sit up only to see Ronny slowly backing out of the Titan's room, his mouth gaping.

"There's one down," Ryan couldn't help but rub it in. At least his life was as shocking as he thought.

"Wahaat- what the hell happened, dude? Did your brother do this? Your fucking capsule..." No sooner had he said it, Ronny covered his mouth and winced.

Ryan stared at him, face blank and eyes half-shut, waiting. 

The blond teen squirmed in place, but Ryan was determined to belabor the elephant in the room.

"So...I might have heard more than I said?" Ronny scratched the back of his head and avoided eye contact.

Ryan sighed, "Whatever. Yes, my brother did that, and this," the giant waved his free hand at himself. 

"How about, in return for nosiness, you run in and grab my pants? They're by the capsule. I at least need some pants," tired from sitting up, Ryan lay back down despite the pain in his back.

"Ah, yeah, hold on," the teen scampered into the room to retrieve Ryan's pants.

Not that far off from my old bed...

Wait. Wait, wait, wait! Ronny took Ryan's old bed when he delivered the capsule, which was now a crackling wreck. The giant had nowhere to sleep!

Ryan sighed something that was turning into a habit, and shrugged to himself. If events went according to plan, the Titan might be able to deal with it along the way.

A few moments after, Ronny ran into the giant's room, and the teen returned, holding Ryan's black pants and shoes. 

Grateful for both, Ryan painfully struggled into the pants and shoes. Ronny turned around, giving the Titan some semblance of dignity. Once he was dressed, sans shirt since Ryan didn't want to ruin it, the giant encouraged Ronny to help him up.

"Just stay there for now. I've got something better." Ronny fliped his AR active again and started waving his hand around with a smirk on his face.

Bemused, Ryan sat against the grey wall, waiting. A few minutes later, a mag-lev trolley, the same Ronny used for deliveries, came hovering down the center of the wide hallway. 

After a bit of struggling, Ronny helped the Titan into the back of the trolley. 

"Are you sure you want to go to Musculo? It's a bit of a trek for nothing if you're crazy." Ronny rested his arm on the back of the trolley's pilot seat.

Ryan was too tired to answer, so he gave the teen a thumb's up. Ronny shrugged and started the trolley back toward the service elevators. The giant lay back in the spacious delivery box, reopened wounds bleeding into his lab coat. Without realizing it, Ryan drifted to sleep, lulled by the mag-lev's humming.