Lost and Found Again Part 40

In Rydr's palm rested a large seed, about the size of an egg. Nonplussed, Rydr expected the elemental to die with his little stunt. Whatever it turned into interested the huge diver, so he [Inspected] the object.

 Whatever it turned into interested the huge diver, so he [Inspected] the object

The Titan grunted in surprise as he read the item's information. Of all things, the diver never thought he would receive a tamable pet.

Not that I can put it to use. Maybe we can sell it at some point? Wordlessly, Rydr passed the seed to Urginok. 

A moment later, the tank pumped his fist and barked a short cry of jubilation. 

"Hell yeah! That's what we call good loot, baby!" For a second time that day, Urginok performed a little celebratory dance. 

Rydr couldn't help but chuckle and shake his head at his teammate's antics. As they got to know each other better, the tank seemed to have no end of slightly silly sides to him.

After a moment, Urginok passed the elemental seed back to his giant ally. Rydr spared a second to store the seed in his inventory before the two of them walked around the edge of the pit.

Amos and the other guards were busy freeing the last of the monster's hostages when the two divers walked up. If anyone were to look at the group, they would run away screaming.

Each of the people present were uniformly drenched in their own blood. What few places weren't affected by the deluge of crimson were likely in places the group of men would never lay eyes on.

As the Travelers approached the guards, Amos turned and saluted the pair before standing in a parade stance.

"Thank you, adventurers, for rescuing myself, my men, and these hostages," Amos spoke with such passion that tears filled his eyes when he mentioned the hostages. However different the citizens of Grotto might be, they were all under his protection. 

The sarcastic guard knew when to set aside his jovial nature and give proper thanks. 

"Although we aren't able to reward you ourselves, I'm certain I can get you a meeting with Grotto's mayor, Ausch Otto." Amos truly wished he could reward his new, giant friend personally, but this was the best he could do for the Traveler.

It was up to the colossus whether he could capitalize on the connection.

Rydr accepted the guard's thanks stiffly, unused to such positive treatment. On the other hand, Urginok plastered a brilliant smile on his face and stepped up to Amos.

"Please, think nothing of it. We were partially responsible for the state of things and couldn't rest until we began to set things right," Urginok waved his hand at the clearing around them, "This is only the start. We won't leave Grotto until the area is at peace again."

Rydr watched his teammate in shock. Out of nowhere, it seemed, Urginok retrieve the same manner of speech as when Rydr first met the man. 

Smooth words fell from Urginok's lips effortlessly while he maneuvered the conversation to make the best impression on Grotto's guards.