Making Rydr Part 42

Rydr stood up to let Hermes inside the tower. As the giant was about to leave the top room, Urginok shouted at him from behind.

"You have two Legendary feats, you lucky bastard!" After Syrna explained how she opted to keep her first Legendary feat a secret and was only allowed to do it once, the tank couldn't control himself.

Rydr paused to respond, "I'll tell you guys about it when I come back. No reason to tell the story twice." Before anyone could stop him, the Titan closed the door behind him and hurried down the tower's stairs. 

Now that the giant looked at the tower door, he saw burn marks on the old wood from Izor's explosive exodus. The top half even had fine dust of what Rydr suspected was mortar from the building across the road.

When the giant grabbed the door's handle, a small jolt passed through his hand before the door opened. Without using [Aetheric Eye], Rydr already guessed that Izor placed a "permission only" lock on the tower's door. 

Probably. Otherwise, I'm making too many assumptions about magic.

On the door's other side stood two men, although only one was familiar to the giant. 

Rydr nodded at the taller of the two, "Thanks for coming, Little John." Then the Titan turned to the much shorter man, "Hermes?"

Little John looked the same as the last time Rydr laid eyes on the diver, except he was decked out in black leather armor. While the set wasn't complete- Rydr noticed the streamer lacked bracers or a helmet- it was evident the streamer was doing well for himself.

The shorter diver, who had to be Hermes, wasn't anything like what Rydr expected. Somehow the teen created a silvery-blue hair color during character creation, floating around his head in a cloud of waves. While the teen's face was the same since it was based on their real bodies, he'd changed his pale blue eyes to a nearly colorless tone. 

If Rydr weren't looking for them, he wouldn't have noticed that Hermes even had irises. He looked the part of a blind man, with even his pupils barely visible.

Otherwise, the teen looked to be wearing the same starter set as Urginok. A blue tunic over brown pants and boots. 

"Duh! Let us in, man! I thought this was supposed to be a secret?" Hermes' attitude toward Rydr seemed to have become even more relaxed since entering the game. 

Rydr stepped to the side quickly, letting them in before he shut the door behind them. As the giant let go of the handle, another jolt passed through his hand. 

Definitely a "permission lock." Rydr confirmed to himself. 

Little John laughed as he turned to face the other two, "It's not much of a secret anymore. I bet every diver in Frontier Online knows Rydr is in this tower." 

The streamer thumbed his nose and pointed at Rydr, "There are videos of you arguing with that guard and dragging her through Grotto all over the net. Everyone knows you're a Titan, now." 

"But," Rydr stressed the word, "No one knows what my face looks like." 

Little John pursed his lips as he contemplated. After a moment, the man nodded, agreeing that the giant's face was still a hidden factor.

"Plus, it helps that I deleted the only video with your face in it- from when we first met."

Hermes tried to start asking questions, but Rydr waved his hands to stop the teen.

"Let's go upstairs. The others are there." 

"Others?" Hermes asked.

*****