Infamy Part 33

"Well, that's new." Rydr sat there nonplussed as he reread the sudden notice on his HUD.

Lynn nodded sagely, "The Aether Smith can speak to the energy within the metal, and-"

Rydr interrupted his speech, "Yeah, that sounds great, but the system just told me I couldn't accept the profession until I deal with my other notices." The Titan reached up habitually to scratch the back of his head.

"The Aether Smith can, what-you? What? Say that again." Lynn snapped out of his monologue, demanding that Rydr repeat himself.

Rydr chuckled awkwardly, "I have too many notices to accept, so I'm not allowed to accept the Aether Smith profession just yet." The giant amended his previous statement, omitting any mention of the game's system. 

Lynn's right ear began to twitch like mad as the elf balled his fists, "You have too many messages from the gods? Too many...how in the world did you?..."

Rydr watched with concern as the elf trailed off, muttering to himself. Before Lynn had the chance to ask any more questions, the shop's bell jingled.

The elven smith pointed commandingly at Rydr before he walked out of the back room.

Not going anywhere for a minute, so don't worry. Rydr chuckled at the elf's antics.

Once Lynn left the workroom, Rydr stared at the pending notices icon in the corner of his HUD. He should feel excited, but for some reason, the Titan couldn't shake a bad feeling.

Rydr decided to bite the bullet and opened the oldest of his notices.

*[Reinforcement] reached Journeyman Level 3*

*[Empower] reached Journeyman Level 2*

*[Consume] reached Journeyman Level 3*

The first three notices informed Rydr that each of his spells increased their mastery rank, although [Empower] lagged by one level. 

Rydr still wasn't certain how he felt about magic, but he accepted the increase in his abilities nonetheless. The Titan opened the next notice.

 The Titan opened the next notice

*Paragon Triggered*

A helpless sigh escaped Rydr as he accepted the magic feat. Although it was more magic stats, Rydr noticed a change in the feat's wording. 

I'm no longer in first place for magic, huh? No surprises there. I haven't exactly been applying myself. The Titan couldn't help but woulder who the first two divers to gain the Multi-Casting feat were.

Whoever they were, Rydr was certain he would hear about them someday. The most powerful can only keep themselves under wraps for so long.

The increase to Rydr's magic stats ballooned his mana pool to an outrageous five hundred and forty points. Any pleasure at the increase was mitigated by Rydr's slight consternation.