Fallen Star Part 21

"Get up!" Urginok shouted at Rydr.

Stunned at the sudden return of his teammates, Rydr dug himself out of the rubble. Another arrow whistled through the air, heralding Syrna's presence to knock the second goblin on its ass again.

The creature cried out in pain, and Rydr whirled around to face it.

In a massive lunge, Rydr leaped for the bristling monster. The giant massively overshot his goal. Instead of lunging at the creature, Rydr's combination of passives and buffs launched his avatar into the creature.

With his arms stretched over his head, Rydr caught the goblin with a flying knee in a two-handed swing-pose. The impact absorbed some of Rydr's momentum, but he needed to ignore the goblin to stop himself.

The giant extended his legs and leaned back, like landing after he jumped off a swingset. The goblin, covered in scrimshaw-metal armor, flew through the air and hit the wall Rydr barely managed to avoid.

*-10 HP*

*-24 HP*

Rydr's impromptu flying knee scratched the monster, but he noticed the creature's impact against the wall dealt more damage.

Just maybe- Rydr stopped to think, and it almost killed him.

Rydr wrongly assumed the goblin was stunned when it lunged at his groin with its serrated shortsword- which it clutched through Rydr and Syrna's combined assault.

The colossus panicked and reacted instinctively.

He let go of the pickax with his right hand and reached out to grab the smaller humanoid by the top of its head. Then, like a small dog, Rydr pressed the monster into the floor with his massive strength and size.

Despite the level suppression, which decreased Rydr's damage and increased the monster's, his strength score was too much. In a battle of strength, Rydr won against anything below his "weight class."

Proper application of strength meant more than dealing with damage numbers. When Rydr dragged trees around and held the massive boulder, most of which now resided in his [Inventory], and again, now, Rydr sensed his path forward.

If the diver solved his glass ceiling, pure strength would reveal a tyrannical might- the further Rydr progress in Frontier Online.

The goblin shrieked in its foul tongue, spitting expletives at the enormous diver above it. More than dogs, elves, and pretty much any other humanoids- including other goblins- the goblinoid races hated beings larger and stronger than themselves.

Rydr forced the struggling monster into the floor as hard as he could, afraid it might wriggle loose. The giant, certain of his grip, looked up to check the battlefield.

Urginok faced two of the creatures in a deadly melee. The tank wielded his hammer more akin to a bo-staff than a warhammer, with his hands placed under its head and near the end. He suffered a few wounds where the goblins' wild flailing landed on his bare arms. Their damage numbers flashed red even to Rydr and Syrna.

*-30 HP*

*-27 HP*

The brunette jabbed his weapon back and forth rapidly, forcing the goblins to defend. The moment bought Syrna time to fire another two arrows in quick succession, doubtless using [Double Shot], into one of the two goblins.

*-6 HP*

*-9 HP*

The archer's numbers suffered even more than Rydr's from the level suppression. The three goblins outclassed their party. It was possible that Rydr could slowly finish them off while the other two ran interference. However, they knew it was an uphill battle when they jumped in the mines. The other option was to lay down and die.