Chapter 9

It was like time stopped as everyone gawked at Alyson in shock. Westwood's "perfect" couple was no more.

"That's not true! We're just on a break," Braden explained. He made his way toward Alyson. "I thought we were going to talk about it."

"There's nothing to talk about anymore," Alyson said stoically.

"You just need time to think it over," Braden added as he reached for Alyson's hand.

"I've had enough time to think," Alyson stated while she moved her hand away from Braden's. 

Braden stared at Alyson in complete disbelief. He ran his fingers through his hair and sighed in frustration before storming off. 

"Braden!" Olivia called out as she chased after him.

"It figures," Madison said as she watched Olivia following Braden. "She's always been into him."

"Now, she can have him," Alyson answered without a care. "Or you can?"

"I don't," Madison replied quickly. She glanced at Devin who didn't spare her another look.  He was busy talking to Monique who was finally awake now. 

"That relationship would just be the two of them debating about who's prettier," Kenzie added. 

"Please, no boy is prettier than me." Madison flipped her hair dramatically.

Kenzie rolled her eyes in response.

"Wow, I'm surprised you finally broke up with the boyfriend," Amelia said to Alyson. "I wonder what or who made you do it?"  She interlocked her arm with mine.

Alyson's lips curled into a snarl as she stared at Amelia. I was afraid for a moment that she would fling herself at Amelia and smack her again. 

How do we avoid another fight? I am beyond knowing the answer. 

"So did you kiss Pretty boy or did he kiss you?" 

Thank God, for Kenzie. 

"I...I don't know. We were just talking and it happened," Madison answered. "I  would never try to kiss someone that was taken. I'm not that type of girl." She turned toward Amelia. "No offense."

Amelia pursed her lips together in anger as she unlinked her arm from mine.

"Madison," I admonished. 

"Sorry," She mouthed, even though she did not look apologetic at all.

"I'm not that type," Amelia said.

"You are such a liar," Kenzie said bluntly.

Amelia scoffed in response. "Whatever, I don't care what you think." She stormed past everyone.

"Not cool guys." I sent Kenzie a glare as I went to follow Amelia but Alyson grabbed a hold of my wrist.

"Don't," She whispered.  "You'll regret it."

I glanced at her hand in shock for a moment before looking up at her. Her eyes looked like they were pleading with me to not go. I shook my head as I pulled my hand away from her's.

I ran down the stairs and glanced around the room looking for a sign for Amelia. From the corner of my eye, I saw Byron and Logan on the sofa together looking a little too friendly with each other. He had his arm around her and she was leaning against him while she had her hand on his knee as they watched a video on his phone.

"Hey, have you seen Amelia?" I called out to them.

Once they heard my voice, it's was as though they were repulsed by each other and quickly separated.