Chapter 2

I was dealing with senioritis. It was hitting me hard especially while standing outside in the hot California sun. Bring me those east coast autumn weather anytime. I'll take the winters at this point as well.

I'm not a gambler but I would bet money that some freshman at Westwood pulled the fire alarm. It was some stupid tradition the week before Homecoming where seniors would get a freshman to pull the fire alarm during first period. It was so dumb and it didn't make any sense.

"If it's not an actual fire, I'm going to be upset," I said to Devin.

"This early in the morning?" A small smile appeared on Devin's lips before he shook his head.

"Ow, ow let go of me!" Madison's voice rang out.

Kenzie had an arm hooked underneath Madison's as she shoved her toward us

"Moron over here wouldn't leave the restroom because she needed to fix her eyeliner," Kenzie explained.

"Don't look at me! Madison shrieked at Devin and me.

We both turned away from her as she furiously looked inside her purse.

Devin mouthed the word wow at me while I nodded. I turned my attention to Kenzie who exasperatedly blew at her bangs. She was dressed in a white button-down and a plaid skirt that looked a  little too short to be deemed school appropriate. She had on her signature black combat boots.

"Next time I'm leaving her dumb ass," Kenzie muttered under her breath.

"It's not even a real fire," Madison said angrily as she looked into her compact mirror.

Like a good substitute boyfriend, Devin held her purse for her while she redid her eyeliner.

"Take that fifty percent chance and burn then," Kenzie snapped back.

"Okay, children let's calm down." For twins, they had a very antagonist relationship.

"I thought twins were supposed to be close," Devin stated.

"Apparently we didn't get the memo," Madison replied.

"I came out first because I couldn't stand being in the same womb as her," Kenzie uttered.

"Nice legs!" Patrick Davis whistle.  He was a grade-A douchebag which was no surprise because his dad was one as well. His dad Matthew Davis was a C-list actor that happened to be on a hit television show. He was a major creep who was known to make his female co-stars uncomfortable. 

"Bite me!" Kenzie growled back.

"Love to," Patrick responded with a smarmy grin.

"How about I cut off..." Kenzie stopped mid-sentence when our homeroom teacher Mrs. Low stared her down.

Kenzie clenched her jaw before making a slashing motion across her throat.

"He's a dead man," Devin whispered.

I nodded as I watched Kenzie seethed in anger. I cautiously took a step away from her. Devin followed.

"Ignore him," I said slowly. "Patrick is just an ass."

Kenzie stormed off without saying a word.

"Should we be worried?" Devin glanced at me.

"Madison..." I started to say before she cut me off.

"I'm busy," She growled. She somehow went from re-doing her eyeliner to applying another layer of lip gloss.

Sometimes I question my friendship with the twins. One was as vain as Narcissist and the other was probably a sociopath. Those types weren't really friend material, but I've known them since middle school and we live in the same neighborhood.