Chapter 8

After the fight Alyson and Amelia had, the Homecoming after-party at Alyson's house was canceled and it was moved to Olivia Rossi's house. She was a petite ginger-haired cheerleader with a nasally voice who loved to gossip and was known for her beak-like nose before she got a nose job over the summer. Her dad owned one of the largest car dealerships in L.A. county and she drove a different car almost every week.

"I can't believe we have to go to Olivia's house," Madison complained. "She's so annoying. Why did Alyson have to cancel last minute?"

"We don't have to come here, but your stupid ass wants to." Kenzie stared at Madison like she wanted to strangle her. Earlier, their mom nagged Kenzie about staying with Madison at the party.

"Because I am a social person who wants to be around other people," Madison answered tersely.

Amelia glanced at me as the twins bickered.

"You kind of get used to it after a while," I whispered.

"Do you think Olivia will want Kenzie here? Devin tried to intervened and stop the twins from fighting. "Since Kenzie threatened to give her a new nose."

"Hey, she was being as ass, so she deserved it," Kenzie defended. "Plus I could have saved her from spending money on that terrible nose job."

Amelia stifled a laugh while I tried my best to ignore Kenzie's remark.

I could hear the bass from the speakers inside Olivia's house as we walked toward the front door of her house. Olivia stood at the doorway welcoming people in.

Madison plastered on a smile that would make a beauty queen jealous as she made her way toward Olivia. "You are so amazing for saving everyone with the party ever since Alyson canceled her party."

"Ya know, I'm always prepared for a party," Olivia answered as she played with a strand of hair.

"I heard Daniella is back," Amelia said. "Is she here?"

"Yeah, she is," Olivia replied nonchalantly.

Daniella was Olivia's older sister who was in the same grade as Amelia. They hung around the same group of people but I wouldn't of called them friends.

"I'm going to say catch up with her,"Amelia said before turning to me and whispering in my ear. "Meet me later." She walked passed Olivia and into the house.

"Enjoy the party you guys," Olivia stated. "Don't break anything." She stared at Kenzie who walked passed her.

"If I do, I'm sure surgery could fix it," Kenzie snarked back.

I quickly pulled Kenzie away from Olivia who was starring daggers at Kenzie. "Can you tone it down?"

"That's as toned as I get. You should know that by now," Kenzie retorted with an eye roll.

"I see Brittany and Taylor!" Madison ran toward her group of modeling friends who were busy taking selfies.

"I fucking hate it here," Kenzie stated. She walked over toward the crowded sofa. "Move!"

"I don't think that..." To my surprise, the people on the sofa quickly got up and left the area.

"I'd move," Devin said. "Remember that time she hit that volleyball so hard that it popped like a head that was deflated."

"Good point." I watched as Kenzie settled herself on the middle of the sofa.

"Hey, Zara." Braden walked over and placed his arm over my shoulder.

"What's up, Braden." I quickly removed his arm.

"Sorry about the fight," Branden said. "It's been a thing with girls fighting over me."