Chapter 16

Kenzie was definitely not happy when she saw us. She had a perpetual glare and it really didn't help that Amelia was there as well.

Monique shot up like a rocket and launched herself at Kenzie.

She caught Monique in her arms with ease even though she looked completely taken aback by the action.

"You were amazing!" Monique held onto Kenzie like a koala.

"Can you do that for me?" Renzo smirked as he looked at Monique.

Kenzie shoved him away with an elbow. "Why are you all here?"

I was surprised Kenzie didn't drop Monique but she just held her in her arms like she was holding a child.

"My friend works here and I asked them to hang out," Mei answered effortlessly.

"You brought the jezökşe." Kenzie's lips curled in disdained as she looked at Amelia.

"Kenzie," I scolded. I wasn't sure what she said but I knew it was not a nice word.

"Hello again." Renzo slid in next to me. "Renzo Benedetti." He extended a hand to me.

"Zara Wexler." I gave him a polite smile  as I shook his hand.

Renzo looked every bit of a lead singer with his long slicked back hair and the smoldering eyes that looked like they were copied from Damon Salvatore himself. If I liked men, I wouldn't mind his attention.

"Kenzie, has so many beautiful friends that she doesn't introduce us to," Renzo said dissapointedly.

"She's not interested," Kenzie said bluntly. "She likes that." She gestured to Amelia in disgust.

Renzo's eyes widened when he saw Amelia.

"Always rude as ever, MacKenzie," Amelia responded.

Kenzie looked like she would have hurled herself at Amelia but then she remembered she was still holding Monique, who looked like she was having the time of her life.
Kenzie quickly put her down on the ground.

Renzo let out a low whistle and shook his head at Amelia. "You have some guts for calling her that."

"Please don't make that habit." I didn't want Kenzie to actually follow through on her threats.

Amelia just gave me a michevious smile in return.

"So you like her too?" Renzo asked Amelia as he pointed toward me. He looked very confused.

"Yes," Amelia answered.

"Your taste has changed since the last time I saw you," Renzo replied. "It is so much better."

Amelia pursed her lips in disdain.

"Straight girls always have horrible taste in guys," Mei added as she glanced at Amelia. "I guess bi girls can too."

"Speaking for yourself?" I couldn't help but glare at her.

"Nope,I am neither," Mei answered with a grin.

Renzo was completely amused by Mei's answer.

"Then what are you?" Amelia stared at Mei in confusion.

"I am an equal opportunity employer," Mei stated. "If there's something attractive that I like in a person, then I will go to them."

"I like that. I think it's the same for me,"Amelia agreed.

Mei's eyes were fixating on someone in the distance. I followed her eyes as it landed on a tall boy, with long black hair and tan skin. He was making his way toward Kenzie.