Chapter 8

Somewhere else in Japan, [Name] and Uraraka were getting ready for bed. Well, only Uraraka. [Name] was sitting at the edge of her bed, staring into space. They had a busy day tomorrow, and Gunhead wanted the two to get some rest.

Uraraka entered the room, hair wet from a shower. Their phones dinged at the same time.

"Who is it?" Uraraka asked, using a towel to dry her hair.

"It's Izuku..." [Name]'s voice trailed off. "He sent his location. He's in..Hosu?" [Name] knitted her brows in confusion. Her eyes widened and she gasped.

"What? What does it mean?" Uraraka asked in confusion.

"The Hero Killer is in Hosu. Izuku is in Hosu," [Name] said, pacing back and forth.

"Oh no! I hope he's okay!" cried Uraraka. [Name] quickly put on her hero costume. "Wait, [Name], where are you going?"

[Name] looked back at her. "To Hosu, of course."

"Wait, it's going to be dangerous! You might get hurt!" Uraraka said, fiddling with her hands.

"I'm only going to say hello!" she said with a smile on her face, retrieving her crystal ball from its stand. Before Uraraka could protest, [Name] disappeared with her crystal ball in a flash of golden light.

Meanwhile, in Hosu, the Hero Killer was ready to strike Iida once more. However, a voice made him freeze.

"Chizome, what are you doing?" [Name] boomed from above, clearly agitated.

"Ah, [Name]-chan! Have you come to see the show?" Akaguro said, still keeping his sword a centimeter from stabbing Iida.

On the ground, Iida's heart was racing. [Last Name] knows the Hero Killer? And on a first name basis? Right now, he was too befuddled to be angry. He'd deal with her later. The first priority is to fend off the Hero Killer.

"Have you forgotten what we discussed the other day?" [Name]'s tight voice drew Iida back to their conversation.

"You were sadly mistaken about your opinion of this child," Akaguro smirked. "When I met him, it was clear that he was one of the fakes."

[Name] spied Midoriya and Todoroki on the ground, cuts and bruises covering their bodies. Her eyes flashed dangerously.

"Let Iida go," she said, lowering down until she was eye level with Akaguro. "For the sake of my friend, I will fight in his place."

"I always knew this day would come," sighed Akaguro, lowering his head. "We are the same, yet so very different." He lifted his sword and kicked Iida aside, toward Midoriya and Todoroki.

[Name] and Akaguro stood in front of each other, a few meters apart. For a few seconds, nobody moved.

[Name] made the first move. A large flame appeared in [Name]'s hand, and she shot it toward Akaguro. A powerful blast of fire filled the alley.

With nowhere left to dodge, Akaguro raised both hands in a blocking position in front of his face.

The fire slowly stopped, but Akaguro was not burnt at all. Midoriya, Iida, and Todoroki gasped. Instead of being covered in burns, Akaguro's front was covered in ice.

"What?! How can this be?" gasped Akaguro.

Ice shards appeared in [Name]'s hand and she shot it toward him again. He was able to dodge all but one, and it slashed him in the stomach.

Well, it would have. Instead, it burned him badly. He hissed, clutching the raw and shiny skin on his stomach. Everyone looked at [Name] in confusion.