Chapter 28

When they returned to their dorm building, they placed Midoriya down in his old room. In order to make sure he wouldn't leave when he woke up, [Name] cast Perfect Cube in his room. If he tried to leave by smashing the cube, then [Name] would know and she could go deal with him.

The eternal 16 year old retreated back to her room, specifically her lab. She thought back to what Midoriya had yelled during the fight.

"This is a battle between One For All and All For One! You guys can't keep up!"

Right. All For One. He and his quirk was the cause of all this.

All this strife, grief, and loss that people had suffered for centuries was because of him and his quirk.

It was his fault that Midoriya was like this. It was his fault that all the One For All users died early in their effort to defeat him.

He and his quirk was to blame entirely.

Anger and hatred boiled in [Name]'s veins, her blood rushing and pumping faster with each passing second.

It rose to the point where she thought of straight up murdering All For One. With her abilities, that wouldn't be too hard. However, she would still have the sin of murder on her hands, no matter who it was. She did not want to become like Akaguro.

Besides, that wouldn't solve the problem with hero society.

Quirks, quirks, quirks.

Everything was about quirks. If your quirk was heroic, you were regarded as such. If your quirk was "villainous," you were regarded as such. Friends would leave you with the drop of a hat. Society would turn against you and cast you out. Taken far enough, those otherwise pure hearted children turned into the very thing that society told them to.

Disgust welled up inside along with the anger and hatred. Disgust for the Hero Commission, grooming children like Lady Nagant and Hawks to essentially be puppets to do what they think is right.

Heroes who genuinely want to help are few and far between these days. Because of quirks and the Hero Commission, being a hero became a job. People did it for money and fame instead of wanting to help others.

Everything just boiled down to quirks.

Quirks, quirks, quirks.

Maybe it was time to get rid of them, once and for all.

She stood up and walked to Yaoyorozu's room, slipping under the covers with her friend. She didn't say a word as she embraced her tightly.

"[Name], what's wrong?" asked Yaoyorozu as she patted the other girl's head gently. When [Name] didn't answer, she patted her head in a soothing pattern, lulling the [Hair Color]-haired girl to sleep.

Please, just let me stay here for a while. Because tomorrow, you'll surely leave.

•••

Tomorrow came way too quickly for [Name]'s liking. When the first rays of morning light peeked through the curtains of Yaoyorozu's room, [Name] had already been awake for a while. The bed was so warm, so comfortable and she was dreading waking up.

She snuggled further under the covers, chasing a never ending sleep so that today would be delayed. [Name] laid there for several hours before blowing out a puff of air when she realized that she couldn't fall asleep anymore. She sat up, patted Yaoyorozu on the head, and rose out of the silk comforter to go back into her room.

In her lab was a small cabinet. [Name] bent down and pulled it open, revealing a couple of notebooks and a small leather case.

Inside the leather case were the quirk-erasing bullets she had stolen from her cousin. Two remained after one had been used by a random henchman of Chisaki.