Chapter 10

In a dingy old bar somewhere, Shigaraki was obsessively looking at a picture of Midoriya from the sports festival.

"Shigaraki." Giran snaps him out of his thoughts. "We've been spreading the word about you for the past few weeks. About how it seems that something big is about to go down."

"Well?" Shigaraki crumpled the photo into his fist, turning it to dust. "Who are they?"

Two figures stood before him. One was a tall man, covered in burn scars with jet-black hair. The other was a girl who looked like she could be in high school. Her hair was in two high messy blond buns and she was wearing a schoolgirl outfit.

"You're super gross in person dude," grunted the scarred man.

"Wow!" squealed the girl. "This handsy guy is friends with Mr. Stainy right?" Her face flushed in excitement. "I wanna join your League of Villains!"

Shigaraki groaned at the sight of them. "Kurogiri, warp them away," he ordered. "It's like the two types of people I hate the most showed up in a duo. A brat and a guy with no manners."

The girl tilted her head in confusion. "Huh?"

"Come now, Tomura Shigarakiyou could at least talk to them a little," said Kurogiri. "After all, if they are being introduced by Giran means they're at least competent fighters."

"Let's start with her," said Giran, gesturing to the high school girl. The media had kept her face and name under strict lockdown."

"I'm Himiko Toga! I wanna be Mr. Stainy! I wanna kill Mr. Stainy! So let me join you, Tomura!" said Toga excitedly.

Next was the scarred man. Shigaraki immediately disliked him. He couldn't help but get into an argument with him.

"I go by Dabi right now," said Dabi.

"No. I want your real name," said Shigaraki.

"You'll know in due time. Anyway, I want to make Stain's dream a reality."

"Bah! Why does everyone always talks about Stain? Stain this, Stain that." He scratched his neck, growing more irritated by the minute. "I'm in a very bad mood now."

"Don't do it, Shigaraki," warned Kurogiri.

"You guys are no good," said Shigaraki, lunging toward the two newcomers. Toga pulled out a knife and Dabi readied his hand to use his quirk.

Before they could inflict any damage on each other, Kurogiri warped their arms to different places.

"Please calm yourself, Tomura Shigaraki, if we want to fulfill your goal, expanding this organisation is a must." He then whispered something to Shigaraki.

"Shut up," responded Shigaraki. He then stormed out of the room.

Toga and Dabi shared a look. "I thought he was going to kill us!" she said.

"We will have an answer in one or two days," said Kurogiri, wiping a glass. "He knows what he needs to do. In fact, he left without a word because he knows what he needs to do. First [Name] [Last Name], then Stain, he's already been humbled twice. I'm sure he'll figure out an answer to satisfy all of you."

•••

In the classroom of Class 1-A, Ashido, Kaminari, Kirishima, and Sato had a cloud of gloom over their heads. They were the only ones who failed the practical and wouldn't be going on the class trip.

"Everyone," said Ashido, trying not to cry. "I'm looking forward to a bunch of awesome stories from the trip!"

Midoriya hastily tried to comfort her. "Hold on! There could still be some twist to this!"