Chapter 21

The night after the Joint Training Exercise was a time for students to mingle. Class 1-B was over at the 1-A Alliance building for dinner.

However, [Name] was laying on her stomach on her bed, sulking. She had been forced to work with Bakugo earlier to work out what had happened during the training exercise.

A knock at the door was heard.

"Come in."

It was Kendo and Yaoyorozu. Somehow, the black-haired girl always knew where [Name] would be. Yaoyorozu walked the familiar path to [Name]'s bed and sat down next to her with her legs hanging off of the bed. She patted her friend's back in comfort.

"We were wondering if you wanted to have some tea," said Kendo while marvelling at [Name]'s room. "We made some for you."

"Sure," said [Name] muttering into her pillow. "I could sure use it." The three girls went down to the common room where everyone was bustling about. Dinner that day would be beef stew along with desserts that [Name] prepared before Toshinori made her go train with Midoriya and Bakugo.

Dessert today was a blueberry and lemon pie with vanilla ice cream on top. Even Kaminari and Kirishima, bursting to the brim with the beef stew, managed seconds.

From her position on the couch, she could overhear the conversation between Midoriya and Todoroki. She facepalmed at the stupidity radiating off of them.

"[Name], are you alright?" asked Yaoyorozu concernedly. [Name] nodded slightly. She stared down at her teacup for a brief moment before downing the entire thing. She then proceeded to refill it.

"Oh dear..." muttered Yaoyorozu. "She always gets like this when she's particularly annoyed at something or has a migraine," she whispered in Kendo's ear. "Come, [Name]. Let's get you to bed."

Yaoyorozu and Kendo both supported [Name] as they headed to the second floor. [Name]'s migraine was becoming rather overpowering now and it was hard to think straight. She briefly noted that she was tucked in by the two girls and used her magic to quickly clean her teeth.

She sighed as sleep overtook her, relief at last.

The next day, she met up with Monoma at the Teaching Staff Dormitories. She was actually feeling better until Monoma opened his mouth.

He began spewing all sorts of nonsense. [Name] just ignored him and tried to comfort Eri. The poor girl was terrified of "UA's Darkside." Togata and Midoriya arrived a few moments later.

"Yeah...she's a miss," said Monoma with a small horn on his head. "Sorry I couldn't live up to your expectations, Eraser."

Unfortunately, the plan to have Monoma help Eri control her power didn't work out. Mr. Aizawa then turned to [Name]. "As a backup plan, can you try and find out a way to help Eri with her powers? Your classmates told me you love experiments."

[Name] stayed silent.

"You'll get to spend more time with Eri," offered Mr. Aizawa.

[Name] furrowed her eyebrows but did not say a word.

Aizawa sighed. "And you'll pass for the rest of the year."

"Deal."

Aizawa pinched the bridge of his nose. Of course it would end up this way. [Name] was excellent at getting what she wanted.

"I'm sorry for causing so much trouble," came Eri's trembling voice. She sounded close to tears. "My power is causing everyone trouble," she said while touching the growing horn on her forehead. "Everyone would be better off if I didn't have this power."