Chapter 2: Regret

I quickly put away the picture and started wiping my tears away yet they kept on coming out. I don't know why but seeing Serena made me feel a lot happier yet this time it made me sad.

"Uhh, Are you okay?"

I hear a voice come from behind me. I turn around and it turns out it was clemont.

"Are you okay? You made a lot of noise when you left so it sort of woke me up" he said. "Yeah,I'm fine." I say in a shaky voice.
"Ash you can talk to me. I obviously see your crying and you've been acting a bit weird recently" he said. " Yeah, I'm Fine. I'm just a bit... Tired." I said. He obviously didn't fell for it and he realized I was lying.

"You're leaving tomorrow right? Soon we won't be able to see eachother much so you should talk to me." He said. "I've just been feeling a bit... Sad. Every time I realize that I'm leaving you guys I suddenly feel the urge to cry. Not only that but I've been feeling weird towards Serena" I said.

"Weird? How come?" He says. " I've just been looking at her and smiling when I do. I also want to spend more time with her and see her happy. It's an odd feeling that I've felt throughout our whole journey but I never realized I was feeling it." I say.

"Perhaps... you like her." He says with a laugh. "Like? Obviously I like her,she's a good friend why wouldn't i like her." I say in confusion.
"That's not what I meant. Maybe you like her as more than a friend. Maybe you... love her." He says.

Love?

I've never really used that word to describe how I feel for someone. Except for pikachu and my other Pokémon. " What do you mean I 'love' Serena?" I ask.

"You see,when you really like someone and want to spend more time with them or maybe whenever you think someone makes you really happy,there's a chance you love them. It could mean you love them as a friend or as a good family member. But sometimes, You love someone so much that maybe you want to spend the rest of your live with them and become girlfriend and boyfriend"he answers.

Boyfriend and girlfriend. I've heard those words multiple times but I didn't fully understand it. "What do boyfriends and girlfriends do?" I ask

"It depends but they often spend a lot of time together and they make each other happy. Sometimes they love eachother so much they become wife and husband and get married" he says. " if a person makes you really happy by even just looking at them, there's a chance you love them".

Do I .... "love" Serena? It doesn't make much sense to me yet but she does make me very happy when I'm with her. Whenever I'm near her I just feel a lot better.

"U-Uhh I'm going to sleep now. We need to wake up early tomorrow ." I say in a hurry as I stand up and go back to Meyer's House to sleep .

As soon as I get there I quickly lay on the bed. Do I love her? I can't tell yet but the day I spent with her was really fun and her cute smile really made it enjoyable.

Should I tell her how I feel? What if she doesn't love me back? Will she stop being friends with me?

I fall asleep thinking about the terrible outcomes that could follow.

Next Day. Lumiose Airport

After Bonnie ran away from us we prepared to say goodbye to Serena.

I wasn't prepared to say goodbye to her. I made so many great memories with her that I didn't want to leave and pretend they didn't happen. I wanted to tell her I loved her but I was scared. I don't want to make her think I'm weird. She started saying her goodbyes to Bonnie and clemont and our Pokemon and I wasn't prepared to say goodbye as I couldn't find what words to use.

"Ash, I'm very grateful for coming along this journey with you. You're the kind person I want to be"she says with a smile. "The next time we meet, You're going to like the kind of person I've turned into" she says with a wink.

"Awesome!"I say. I know, I'm stupid for saying that but I couldn't think of anything to say at the moment. But there is one thing I wanted to do.

I walked up to Serena and took off her hat. I then took of my cap and put it on her head. I then put on her hat. She then turned very red and smiled. She then said goodbye once more and went on her way.

While she was going down the escalator, she suddenly turned back.

"Hey Ash,One more thing." She then turned around and ran up the escalators.

As she reached me, I felt something press against my lips.

It was Serena's lips.

I need to tell her I "love" her.

I was so lost for words I couldn't think of anything to say. I saw her slowly descend down the escalator. She looked... beautiful.

"Goodbye Serena! Good luck on everything!" I say. I was stupid for that. I should've told her how i felt yet I panicked and didn't say anything.
One Hour Later.

After one final battle with clemont, I boarded the plane that was headed towards pallet town. I couldn't focus much on the battle since my mind was still trying to process what Serena did. I think she... kissed me. Pikachu saw I was a bit lost so he decided to cuddle up against my chest to try and comfort me. I took out the picture that me and her took when we were alone. She looked really beautiful. I wanted to tear up but I knew I had to stay strong. But as i looked at her, I started thinking a lot.

Why did she kiss me?

Did she also love me?

Since when did she love me?

Why didn't I know?

Is it my fault?

I. Regret. Everything.

1 Year Later...

It had been a whole year since I last traveled a new region. I really wanted to forget the events that had happened in Kalos, Especially the whole team flare incident. I still remember all the good times I spent with my friends though. I tried to ignore those memories so I wouldn't get sad and lose focus on my training.

My mom had recently decided to go on vacation this summer to a whole new region I had never heard of. "Alola" . It seemed like the perfect vacation after Training endlessly for the past year. I really want to win a Pokemon league. Me and pikachu have been training a lot so we could be even stronger for our next league. We still have a couple weeks before our trip so I had time to train.

I went looking for a good place to train but I couldn't find one. I wanted a nice place around professor oak's lab so I could go get my Pokémon if I needed to. After looking around in a nearby woods, me and pikachu ran into some beedrills that started chasing us and we couldn't lose them. It was too many to take on with only pikachu so we tried to hide and run away. We eventually found a good place to hide.

As I looked at the tree that I was hiding in front of, I realized it looked oddly familiar.

This was where I met her...

All the memories came flooding back. I remembered how I messed up and didn't tell her how I felt. I still regret it.

________________________________

Thank you for reading my second chapter! This one ended up being really long aswell, sorry! I will try and update every 1-2 days or maybe I'll update twice in a day if I ever have enough ideas. Thank you for reading!