Chapter 18: Our Last Time Without Each Other

A lot of the things got in the way of me writing, it's all over now though so I wanted to finish this out .

Thanks for reading!

~Serena's Pov~

During the long trip to the airport, I couldn't shrug off the feeling that Misty may have been messing with me or trying to set me up again.

Everything happened way too quickly for me to process though, so I decided I would trust her even though I had my suspicions.

Once i arrived to the airport, I hurried to the waiting area in which Misty was expecting me.
We both hurried to get on board the plane, even though we weren't late; in fact, we were early.

"Hey serena, I'm really sorry for what i did, I don't expect you to forgive me but i hope you won't hate me after this." Misty tells me with a whiny broken down voice, sort of as if she was holding back her tears.

"Thank you for apologizing Misty. I wont say i'll forgive what you did, but i forgive you." I tell her.

~A couple of hours later~

During my whole flight, I kept feeling nervous and anxious. I was so worried the whole flight that i didn't even notice how much time had passed. There was only about two hours left and I knew they would feel like the longest two hours of my life.

Misty was asleep most of the flight so i didn't have anyone to talk to pass time besides my pokémon but Misty had just woken up a couple of minutes ago so I wanted to know more about her and Calem.

I tried thinking of something i could say to bring up what he had told me but i didn't want to sound annoying or anything.

I decided to just ask her straight up as i didn't want her to fall asleep again.

"Umm.. Misty, how long have you an Calem known eachother for?"

"What??" Misty had a shocked expresion on her face as if she didn't expect me to ask her that at all.

"Oh.... i'm guessing he told you. I've known Calem for a couple of months now. I first met him in Kanto when he had went to try and compete in the Indigo league as some sort of vacation . We hit it off and we went out to go eat as friends and it led to us talking about our love life. He brought you up  and i brought up Ash. Calem had said how he suspected you had a boyfriend as you always talked about Ash to friends and he would eavesdrop."

"I had told him how I wanted Ash for myself but i suspected he also had a girlfriend or someone who he loved more because of his speech after he became the champion. We talked about our crushes and we ended up connecting dots and realized who we were really talking aboit. We had both then formed a plan to make you guys break up if we ever saw you guys, sort of as a joke since we didn't really expect to see you guys. After Calem saw you guys hug, he immediately called me and let me know. I was so excited to have another chance of dating Ash and my craziness took over. I hope you can forgive Calem too. I'm really sorry" A single tear fell down Misty's eye. I could tell she felt really guilty.

"Dont worry Misty, I understand. You guys hurt us a lot but I know you didn't really expect it to happen. On the other hand though, Calem doesn't deserve to be forgiven." I told her.

"What? Why not?" Misty asked me.

"He did a lot more than you did to mess us up. He even confessed to me right before I left my apartment. He was really cocky and egotistical about me rejecting him too" I told her while laughing, hoping to cheer her up.

~2 Hours Later~

Upon arrival, Me and misty did our absolute best to get everything done and over with as fast possible. We both felt a sense of urgency even though there was no time limitation and it was driving both of us insane.