Chapter 8: Results

Oops sorry for not being able to update. I've been busy with life things so I wasn't able to update it. This chapter isn't anything special. Anyways thanks for reading!(for context purposes, the current time is 3pm)(Also, if my grammar or writing is bad, I was extremely tired while writing this.)

_____________________________

It didn't feel right seeing Serena cry. She seemed so happy and motivated throughout the whole week and all of that motivation and happiness disappeared.

"Serena.... It's okay. I'm totally fine with waiting. No matter what I'll always be supporting you" I say trying to comfort her.

"I was looking forward with spending more time with you. But because of me, we won't be together anymore. I'm sorry" she says.

"Thank you for coming Ash. I'm sorry I disappointed you" she says in a sad tone as she rushes to leave the closet and her Pokémon follow.

It hurt seeing her sad. Her performance was going great until she messed up but even so she tried her hardest but couldn't fix her mistake.

Why did she mess up?

Was it because of me?

When will I be able to see her again?

Could we still go back to Kalos in the future?

I stayed in the closet for about 10 minutes and I didn't even realize.  I was overthinking too much about the whole situation and it was stressing me out.

I walk out of the closet as well so I can go back with Serena to try and comfort her.

After looking around for Serena, I couldn't seem to find her. I asked some of the people backstage if they had seen her but none of them had seen her.

I asked around a bit more and turns out that she had already left. The best thing to do was to  text her and ask her where she was so I could find her.

[Hey Serena. Where are you? I looked everywhere for you but I couldn't find you so I asked someone if they had seen you. They said you left. Where are you? I want to see you again.]

She usually responds after a couple of minutes so I go back with Gou while I waited for her response.

1 Hour later

It had been an hour since I Texted her and I got no response back. Gou and I went back to the hotel room since I had nothing else planned for the day. Obviously, Gou did. He left once again to go looking for Pokémon while I just stayed in the hotel room.

I couldn't stop thinking about Serena and how she hasn't responded. I assume she wants to be alone for a while.

I let time pass by as I lay in bed.

8 hours later

It had been 7 hours since I sent her a message and she hasn't responded. Gou came back at around 7pm with dinner so I didn't really go out for the rest of the day. Since it was getting pretty late, I tried going to sleep.

I kept rolling around in bed but couldn't fall asleep. I was worried that Serena didn't respond to my message so I thought she didn't want to see me at all but at the same time I felt that she just wanted to be alone for a while.

I just couldn't go to sleep with such worries in my mind.

I just wanted to see her again. But I wanted to see her happy. It didn't help that our room was so dark due to the curtains being closed so I was forced to sleep while looking at complete black and darkness.