Chapter 10: Hunting Solo

Been a while since I done a spanking chapter let's go.
***

Chapter 14: Hunting solo...

Based on Season 12 episode 16.
***

Sam and Dean are waiting, impatiently, in the British Men of Letters bunker.

Dean: All right, that's it. I'm waiting in the car.
Sam: Dean, dude, wait a second.
Dean: No. You know what? Getting jobs from these dicks is one thing, but I didn't sign up for this reporting for duty crap, especially when they're late.
Mick: Sorry I'm late. (Door locks, beeps) My report to the home office ran long. We've had our hands full since...

Dean and Mick look down at a blood stain on the floor.

Mick: Well, best not to dwell on that.
Dean: Wow. That is some world-class repression. You are British.
Mick: We prefer to call it a stiff upper lip.
Sam: Okay, okay. Enough.
Mick, what's the deal with the bat signal?
Mick: (Sighs)

There was an incident in Wisconsin. 'Animal attack.'

Mick hands Sam a gray folder.
Mick: A girl named Hayden Foster's in the hospital, and her brother lost his heart. Looks like a werewolf.
Sam: Well, they don't usually leave behind survivors.
Dean: Freak probably got spooked before it could finish the job.
Mick: Well, perhaps. But it usually takes more than a fright to put your average werewolf off his supper.
Dean: Oh, you'd know that, would you?
Mick: Actually, I would. I did extensive research into lycanthropy at Kendricks.

Mick walks across the room and pulls two books out of a cabinet.

Sam: Kendricks?
Mick: The Kendricks School. It's where the British Men of Letters train their operatives. It's like our --
Sam: Hogwarts?

Mick places one book on the table and hands one to Sam.

Mick: Exactly.

Kendricks is the largest collection of occult lore in the world.

Sam: Cool.

Sam looks to Dean enthusiastically. Dean is unimpressed.

Mick: So when it comes to werewolves, I'm not entirely ignorant. For example, we know that last night's attack didn't happen on a full moon.
Therefore, we're looking for a pureblood.
Dean: You think? It's like a milk run to me.
Mick: Then you don't mind if I tag along?
Sam: Mick, um... Listen, I-I don't think... I don't think it's really your kind of thing.
Mick: Oh, no, maybe it should be. I had the best team, but most of us, we were thinkers, not fighters. And let's be honest – you and your mum, you're the only reason I'm still alive.
Dean: So now you wanna be like us?
Mick: No. I just want to be ready for whatever's next.

Sam and Dean are in the hallway while Mick packs up in the main room.

Dean: Dude, he is dead weight, and you know it.
Sam: Look, Mick's inexperienced, sure. But these people have some serious knowledge.
Dean: So? Dude, what we do, you can't learn this crap in a book. You put on a flannel, you pick up a gun, you go out there. Either you get good fast or you get dead faster.
Sam: We're working with these people now and – and we're getting wins. We're saving people. The better they are, the better we are. Look, Mick held his own with the Alpha. Why not give him a shot? Maybe he'll come in handy.
Dean: And what if he gets himself killed?
Mick: I heard that.

Mick approaches Dean.
Dean: Good. If he's coming, you're babysitting him. (points at Sam)

Sam and Dean are driving down the road at night in the Impala. Sam is shining a flashlight on the book Mick gave him. Mick is in the backseat listening to his cellphone.