Chapter 34: Ava Meets Charlie for the First Time

Based on season 8 episode 20! Ava is 13 years old!
***

At the Bunker that night.

Ava was doing her school work when Dean walks in from the grocery run placing a bag of groceries on the chair across from her where his laptop was already open.

Dean: hey kiddo *kiss her forehead*
Ava: hi dad
Dean: *notice her still buried in her school work* weren't you still doing school when I left?
Ava: *shrugs shoulder* I may have goof a bit, ow *rubs back of head*
Dean: just because Sam not feeling well today to keep you in line with school, doesn't mean you can goof off
Ava: you know I don't think the two of you have ever gotten sick
Dean: trust me kid we do, just not very often. It must be the trail's it's effecting him

Dean took out the six-pack of beer on the table. He opens one of the beers and sits down.

Ava: *looks up* seriously dad, please tell me you bought something I can actually cook
Dean: what? These are my necessities. I got to have my stuff

Sam enters, looking sleepy.

Dean: Y— [looks up] Man, I'm telling you, give me five minutes with some clippers, and...
Sam: Oh, shut up. Uh, what time did I lay down?
Dean: You took a siesta around noon. Yesterday.

Dean grabs another beer and throws it in Sam's direction. Sam fails to react and the beer shatters on the floor making Ava jump and look behind at the mess.

Ava: I am not cleaning that up
Sam: I'm sorry, I, uh...

Dean: That's why we don't have nice things, Sam. [Sam stumbles] You okay?

Sam: Yeah, I'm, I'm fine, I just—

Sam leans on the table, rubbing his face. Uh, you know what, I'm gonna get dressed. We should go find Kevin.

Dean: Hey hey, hey hey hey, easy, easy, sleeping beauty. Look, man, I've hacked into every security camera around Garth's houseboat, Kevin's hometown, where Mrs Tran lived...
Sam: And?
Dean: Well, nothing so far.
Sam: Dean, we have to find him.
Dean: I know. I know, but Garth is out looking for him, we got a hunter APB out on Kevin, we will do what we can from here while you get better.
Sam: I'm fine. Dean, I can still go out there, I can still hunt.
Dean: Really? Ava, clean this up while we go to the shooting range
Ava: but dad-
Dean: *gives her stern glare* Ava...
Ava: *gulps* yes sir *runs off but watched her step*

Sam and Dean enter. Dean loads a gun.

Sam: This is stupid.

Dean fires the gun twice, hitting one of the targets in the chest both times.

Dean: Alright. You hit that target, we'll talk about getting you back out there.
Sam: No problem.

Sam aims, wavering. He uses his other hand to steady the gun, but still misses the target entirely on both shots he fires.

Dean: Look, man, this second trial hit you a lot harder than that first one. I don't know whether it was just more intense or what.
Sam: Felt the same. Till the next day.

Dean: So, we're gonna sit tight. Keep an eye out until you get better.

Later that night.
A "You Have Email" notification pops up on the laptop.

Sam: It's from Charlie. "In the neighborhood, found you guys a case." Found us a case?
Ava: *looks up from reading a regular book* who's Charlie?
Dean: oh you haven't met her yet, but you'll love her, she's like a little sister to us
Ava: so she's like an aunt to me
Dean: basically wait, *to Sam* she's in the neighborhood? How the hell does she know where we are?
Sam: Uh, well, she doesn't. Not exactly, at least. It says she tracked our cells to a twenty mile radius, then the signal went out. Huh. This place must be in some kinda, like, Bermuda Triangle.
Dean: What, are you saying we can make and receive phone calls from here and nobody can track us? Man I love this place.