ch 6

A short just over a one minute misaligned scene took over two hours to film. This director was a famous big-name in the country. He had a very odd old man's temper. When he was working, he didn't like the look of anyone; even a fresh and lively twenty year old girl could be reduced to tears by his scolding. As this was Patrick's second time working with him, Patrick had already fully grasped his personality. Patrick didn’t get mad no matter how many times the director requested him to do it again. It wasn't that Patrick didn't have a temper. It was just that he knew that if he got impatient, the old man would be even more impatient, and no one would expect to leave that day.

When they finished shooting that scene, Patrick's body was soaked in sweat. The old man was very satisfied with him. He even remembered Patrick's name. After they finished shooting, he said to Patrick, “This drama is still missing an actor for a character, if you can have time in your schedule, go have a talk with A'Cheng. The character doesn't have many scenes, in the entire drama, altogether, you will only be appearing just over half an hour, but I guarantee that the pay will satisfy you.”

Patrick chuckled, “Thank you. You really didn’t need to specially coming over to talk to me about small matter like this. I just play extras, fitting a time in my schedule won’t be a problem at all. Then, I'll go and talk to Cheng'ge. Director Wang, if you have this sort of opportunity in the future, I hope you will still remember me.”

The old man nodded expressionlessly, but from the fact that he hadn't blown or scolded anyone in the past two hours, one could see that he was really satisfied with Patrick's performance.

“Hey, Gan Wang Xin has arrived.”

Everyone looked towards the door. Gan Wang Xin strutted in following behind his two assistants. He was wearing a pair of sunglasses, and was dressed casually. He looked extraordinarily handsome, attracting everyone's gazes as soon as he appeared.

Gan Wang Xin was a film star who had shot to fame in these past two years. He reportedly had an incredible family background and the ancient costume serial drama, which he filmed as soon as he debuted, was specially made in order to promote him. It could be said that Gan Wang Xin possessed all of the potential to become popular. He had a superior appearance, knew how to appropriately speak and behave according to the occasion and above all, he had people to hype and promote from behind. Although his acting was stiff and rough when he first started, it didn't stop his handsome face from appearing every day in all kinds of media. Hence, his career skyrocketed and he became extremely famous and popular, and was currently Yixing Media's number one money tree.

At first Patrick accepted random martial arts stunt double jobs from all over the place, but due to the advantage of having a build and back view that resembled Gan Wang Xin's, he was able to ride on Gan Wang Xin's success as well. Now, whenever Gan Wang Xin needed a stunt double, he would mainly come to find Patrick.

After Gan Wang Xin walked in, he took off his sunglasses while smiling, and greeted the crew members without the slightest bit of arrogance. He then went over to Director Wang to apologise. He didn't explain why he was late either and just apologised to the old man with a smile.

You can't hit a person who is smiling and has already admitted they are wrong. Though not resigned, Director Wang couldn't express his anger at him, so he told zhou   keyu  to hurry to get himself made-up.

After Gan Wang Xin finished coaxing Director Wang, he turned around and saw Patrick. “Hey, A'pat.”

Smiling, Patrick nodded, “wang ge, you're here.” He was actually quite a few years older than Gan Wang Xin. Patrick had also been in the circle for longer but with his position and status in the circle, there was no reason for Gan Wang Xin to call him ‘ge’. However, he didn't hate Gan Wang Xin. Gan Wang Xin was a really tactful person. As long as you didn't have any conflicting interests with him he always appeared very gentlemanly. Patrick was too lazy to pay attention to the rumours and slanders concerning Gan Wang Xin. He was just a small stuntman; in his entire lifetime, he would never be able to impinge on Gan Wang Xin's interests. The two of them, living together in harmony, how wonderful.