Chapter 4

Delsin's Pov...

I decided to help the people that were getting on the bus collect supplies, however DUP walls were in the way.

I blasted them down, and continued walking knowing that they wouldn't want me on the bus. I then found the guys in the tunnel, and took them out, extra easily, since I had a lot more smoke in my reserve, and they were only arriving.

I scared all the crooks off, and then continued on my way to Seattle. The DUP were also in the settling down stage of things here. I found another core relay on the bridge and broke it. I absorbed the energy and then I mind flooded with images of what I could do.

I then looked down at my hand at it I made my energy show around it. Specks of concrete, data, smoke and neon went around my hand. I could use all my powers at once now.

I took a single step, and all my powers went crazy. I slowly focused on which power I currently wanted. Smoke. I then was able to walk forward normally, since all of my powers weren't in use. 

I got to the next core relay, and I broke and absorbed it as well. I had another rush of visions. I didn't know exactly what it did, but I think it gave me infinite ammo.

The next one gave me more flight like capabilities, that helped me travel up faster, kind of like a super jump up. The next one, I had no idea what it did, but it seemed important.

I then got to where the DUP were setting their gear up. I went invisible, and took down all of them were setting up the scanner, and absorbed the shards. I then went to the containment pen that had 1 person in it.

I walked over to them and shook their hand. I then got a giant pain in my head. My guess is that I got their powers. They then left, me getting their powers. I didn't know what it was, but I had a slight guess. I saw Reggie and the bus arrive and used my neon powers to get out of sight and down the coast. I then put my hand down towards the water.

It suctioned up to my hand. I then realised the power the third core relay gave me was the ability to use my powers while I still was learning new ones. This would be useful. I then went to the first mobile command center and took care of most of them fairly easily, and the dude in concrete armor with a minigun.

But he was easier now. Dude must've been shocked when I used multiple powers. I took both him and the mobile command center out, in record time, and then moved on to core relays. I had memorized their locations, and I was dying to see what I could do with water.

But then I get a call from Reggie. I answer. "Hello?" I ask him. "Delsin, you can't just run off like that! What if you'd gotten hurt?" He asks me.

"Well, ever since the conduit thing, I got regeneration. Instintaneous if I go into a vent" I say. "That's not the point Delsin. If something happened to you, and I wasn't there, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself." He says.

"I feel the same Reg, that's why I was reluctant to bring you along. At least I have powers, all it takes to take care of you is a single bullet, and I can barely stand the thought of a world without you Reggie." I say, tearing up at the thought of what happened last time.

"Delsin, are you okay?" He asks. "Yeah, I'll call back soon." I say, as I leave to the next core relay.

Reggie's Pov...

Delsin just hung up on me, but he cried slightly before he did, and I had to wonder why? The Delsin I know wouldn't get like this randomly...

But this isn't the Delsin I know. He's from the future, and considering when he started tearing up, I died. Well, it's no wonder why he didn't want me coming along. There's a chance I'll die again. But considering his new attitude, I don't think he'll let that happen.

Still, I should keep my guard up. Never know what's going to happen, or at least I don't.