Chapter 9

Delsin's pov...

It's been a day now since Eugene's angel took me to the city, and he still hasn't called me. So, I go to where he should be in his dominion. I entered invisibly. He was sitting down their, hiding, watching through cameras.

"Hey Eugene." I say. He turns around scared. "Who are you? Why are you here?" He asks me.

"Well, it'd be easier to show you." I say, as I rush forward in a burst of neon light, and shake his hand. He then remembers everything, it seems my powers worked better on him.

"Delsin! What happened? Why are the DUP back? Why am I back here?" He asks. "Time travel. This time around, I'm doing things better." I say to him.

"So, are you just going to go to her tower and do what you did last time?" He asks me. "Not exactly. There's still enough shards and core relays for one more conduit ability. I want to use them, so I have the best chance of beating Augustine." I say.

"Okay. A bus of conduits should be passing by outside soon." He says. I go outside and wait, and he stays in his lair. I see the bus drive by.

I slowly follow after it unseen. Once it's driven away a few blocks away, I take out it's tires, and take a prisoner out. Then I gain their power. I fell back, and he ran away. I did however like the power I was given.

It was wind. I rush to the first core relay in an alley and bust it open. I then get my first ability. Flight. Literal flight. I can go into the air, and stay there. I use this hand dandy flight to get to my next location at the docks.

I smack the core relay open and gain another new and interesting power. I can now do the equivalent of force push enemies. Then some more DUP come at me, at the docks, which I air blast them off.

With my enhanced hearing I didn't know I had, I hear a tired sigh, and a voice say, "Only 2 days until retirement." He says. It's the same guy I keep knocking into water. Man, he must be unlucky.

I then make it to the next relay which was in an alley again. This one allowed me to fire little wind pellets at people. I go to another one by a restaurant. I break it open and more DUP come after me.

I use my new ability to take care of them, and spin around at super speed like a tornado and take care of them all. Then once they're all on the ground, I enter the restaurant and order some food.

"Freeze!" A man in a ski-mask yells, entering the building. He had a gun. I immediately incapacitated him. Everyone looked at me scared, so I left.

I doubt they'd let me in again, until I make conduits free, but at least I got to order... and I forgot my food.

Tired, I walk to the next core relay, ready to get this over with.