Bandtrees/Zoevan - Stargazing

A/N: Thanks a lot, @itskeilanotkayla , for the Bandtrees/Zoevan fluff request! I hope you like it!

"Where are you taking me?" Zoe asked Evan. It was a dark night, and he had taken her in his car out "for a special surprise."

He giggled. "You think you can get it out of me like this? Think again."

"No, but seriously. I'm COLD!" She turned her head toward him, pouting playfully.

Evan slid off his jacket and wrapped it around her. "There, Zoe. Is that better?"

She nodded contentedly, then continued prying. "All this walking is TIRING. You should tell me. I'm just about to give up on walking to my own surprise."

"Don't do that!" he exclaimed, playfully poking her with his elbow. "Here we are."

It was an open field surrounded by tall trees in all directions. Fireflies floated by, making everything look like there were little Christmas lights wrapped around them. The area was bathed in light and warmth. It was a place elegant enough to make you feel gleeful.

"See? It's worth the wait, no?" Evan asked.

He got no answer, but the smile on Zoe's face was more than enough to compensate.

Evan spread out a blanket on the ground at the top of a little hill. "Here," he told her. They lay down and all they could see was the sky and the little stars twinkling. The world disappeared as he sat up, prompting her to follow, and his lips gently brushed against hers.

Zoe felt like she'd been set on fire in the best way possible, and with Evan, the sky was the limit.