Epilogue

Carli's POV

Elle is all talk. I saw stars, sure. I made her see the whole damn galaxy.

We spend the weekend discovering and rediscovering each other, our limbs naked and slick with sweat while her breath pants against my neck. I thought I knew how badly I wanted her—until her hands were all over me and I couldn't touch her enough, I couldn't kiss her deep enough, I couldn't make her scream my name loud enough.

I think my neighbors hate me. But on the bright side, I've never been more thankful for being right-handed.

By Saturday night (or rather, two in the morning) we had to slow down. It was getting harder for me to breathe, harder for me to move without my ribs screaming in agony. Elle was gentle, but it only goes so far. We took breaks between rounds, cuddling and kissing until the lust won over and I climbed on top of her again.

The next day, the team stopped by with takeout, minus Hotch and Gideon. They've called me multiple times this weekend, and I answered when I wasn't otherwise occupied. Morgan was the first to notice the way I leaned into Elle's side, her arm wrapped around me. Garcia was the first to ask, and then cheer.

Before leaving, Morgan told us not to screw it up again. Spencer pulled me aside, whispering in my ear.

"Don't forget what you told me on the roof," he said.

Trust me. I won't forget.

I'm on leave from work for the next month. Elle goes back tomorrow, and to say we're using every moment to ourselves to our advantage would be an understatement.

Currently, we're soaking in the bathtub, my breath coming faster as her hands play with my body. Her chest is pressed to my back, my good hand reaching up to cup her face. I turn her chin and we kiss, warm and sensual. I rest my head on her shoulder, my hand still on her cheek, as she pushes me over the edge. A few minutes later and her arms wrap around my waist, holding me close.

"I don't want to go to work," she murmurs between our kisses.

I smile. "Good thing it's Sunday."

"No... I..." She can hardly get a word out between our lips locking together. "I don't want to go without you," she manages.

I peck the corner of her mouth. "Then come home to me," I whisper.

She pauses, pulling away far enough to meet my eyes. "You still have my key, don't you?" She says it quietly, but with a hint of amusement.

I shrug. "Maybe I always knew you'd come back."

Her smile makes me melt in her arms. She brushes her lips against mine. "I love you."

My smirk turns to a smile before I can stop it. "How much?"

She shifts onto her side, her hand holding me close by the back of my neck. "To the sun and the moon and the stars beyond." She breathes the words into my lips. I hang onto every word.

I kiss her. And I know I will kiss her every day for the rest of my life.

"Sun, moon, and stars."

Book 3 Out Now