Chapter 6: Wither Again By Living

"You just let him get away with that?" Nobunaga said.

"At least, we got the fact that he's taken by the Nostrade family." (Y/N) retorted.

"Machi, let's just track him down with your ability." Shalnark said.

"Is there a damn car you didn't pop the wheel of, (Y/N)?" Nobunaga grumbled.

"If there was one, wouldn't you think I would go off to save Uvogin by myself by now? Or even better, run away from all of you." (Y/N) directly said.

"There's a car over here." Shalnark said after a few minutes. "It's a bit scuffed."

"I call the roof. Like hell I'm going to drive in a car with no space." (Y/N) said as she climbed up the car. "I'll look out." And with that, the troupe filed in the car and drove into the directions Machi's thread pointed to. A shadowy figure then appeared in the sky releasing a large blanket. (Y/N) quickly peeked into the open window of Shalnark who was driving. "Get out of the car!" She yelled.

The troupe members saw a piece of cloth coming towards them. The doors flung open as they ran out. The car was enveloped inside and shrunk into a small bag. The Shadow Beasts came out. Looking around, (Y/N) noticed Nobunaga was missing and facepalmed.

"They're fine to kill." Feitan said. "I'll take 3. Shizuku take 2."

The Shadow Beasts lunged towards them.

Machi took hold of one for Feitan to interrogate. "One movement and it's off with your limbs." She said. The last Shadow Beast was trembling in Machi's entangling threads.

The blanket opened and the car was released with Nobunaga.

"I go obtain location of auction items." Feitan said in his poor grammar. "Return hideout."

The troupe got into the car again and drove towards their abandoned building. The car ride was quiet, nothing but the engine and small breeze. The troupe got out and entered the building. Feitan took the Shadow Beast away while the rest went back to report to Chrollo.

"Where's Uvogin?" Chrollo said.

"Alive, but captured. Somewhere with the Nostrades probably." (Y/N) replied.

"We're going to go back out to get Uvogin after Feitan is done with the Shadow Beast." Shalnark said.

Chrollo hummed in reply. "Phinks go with them to get Uvogin back. (Y/N), stay back."

(Y/N) walked over to her usual sitting place and laid down with her eyes closed. "Bye bye." She said with a wave to the other members who were heading out. Once they were gone, (Y/N) opened one eye to see who was left. "Chrollo." His eyes never left the book and she turned towards him. "Last time I recalled, I stabbed your eye, not cut off your ears." She said as she pointed and slashed the air to emphasize. Chrollo slightly lowered his book. "When am I getting called out again?"

Ignoring the question, Chrollo replied, "Do you like working for Phantom Troupe?"

(Y/V) scoffed and turned away from Chrollo to face the wall. "You wish." She murmured. "Stealing is the last thing I would do." There were a few moments of silence.

"We're separating after we get the auction goods and Uvogin. I still expect the Phantom Troupe members to be alive the next time we meet again, but we're all not going to be in the same place so you can choose which to watch over. You're going to pick Pakunoda huh." There wasn't a reply. Chrollo looked up from his book. "(Y/N)?"

Pakunoda looked over to (Y/N). "Danchou, I think she's knocked out already."

Chrollo internally laughed at how she could sleep on hard cement and just nodded. He went back to his book. Throughout his reading, he stole glances at (Y/N)'s rising and falling chest. Her lips were slightly parted and her hair covered parts of her face. The moonlight peeking through the broken windows made her look more enchanting. Chrollo couldn't help but be entranced by her.

"Danchou, we're back..." Machi said. She looked at Chrollo who was intently looking across from him. The other member also took note. "Danchou."

Chrollo snapped out of his trance. He looked at the returning members. "You're back."

"Yes, we're back. Uvogin wants to get revenge on the chain user. You know we can't stop him once his eyes are on something."

"We'll wait for him. You can all rest now." Chrollo plainly said. Silence enveloped their hideout. Only the moon and a candle gave peaks of light. Chrollo stayed awake, reading his book that never seemed to end.

(Y/N) yawned awake and Chrollo took note. She sat up and looked around to see the other troupe members with their eyes closed. She then looked up to see Chrollo looking directly at her. She leaned to the side to see if Chrollo would track her. To her surprise, he did. She glared at him and then mouthed, "Why are you staring at me?"

He mouthed back, "No reason." He then pointed towards the exit. (Y/N) understood and stood up. She dusted herself off before carefully walking towards the door. Chrollo placed his book down and followed after.

It was a silent walk down the moonlit halls. Once they were far enough from the other members, (Y/N) broke the silence. "So what's the occasion?" (Y/N) said with her hands behind her head as she walked.

"Uvogin went after the chain user. Do you have any intel on who it is?"

"Perhaps. Why?"

"Do you think Uvogin will win?"

(Y/N) lowered her arms and looked at Chrollo dead in the eye. "He is designed to hunt Phantom Troupe members, his nen and everything about him. If you ask me, Uvogin is probably dead by now." Chrollo stopped dead in his tracks with his fists clenched. He was looking downwards. (Y/N) noticed and looked back. "As much as I hate you, I don't wish ill on Uvogin, but it's going to come to you." Chrollo looked up. (Y/N) was absently looking outside. "The pain of having someone close to you die." She looked back at him. "Spring is unlucky, isn't it?" A soft smile filled with pain played on (Y/N)'s face.