Chapter 11: Something About You Makes Me Feel Alive

It was midnight. The Phantom Troupe members were asleep and (Y/N) was wide awake. She sat near her wall looking out the window at the moon.

"I assume you're feeling better." Someone whispered close to her ear.

(Y/N) jumped at the sudden presence and summoned a dagger. She looked back and saw Chrollo. She glared at him. "Next time, I might just kill you." She murmured.

He reached into the pocket of his cloak and pulled out an accessory. "I believe this is yours." He opened his hand to reveal the cherry blossom petal clip.

"How did you-. Never mind, you killed him. I should've remembered you were also going to rob him." She snatched the clip. It started glowing. Now,- there were words engraved underneath. "Warm Wind of Spring." (Y/N) quietly read. "That's Kaze's ability. Uh let's go outside." The two walked down the hallway towards the entrance. "Where's your book?" Chrollo conjured his book. "Flip to the page of Kaze's ability." He did as he was told. Kaze's fan appeared in Chrollo's left hand. (Y/N) thought for a second. She grabbed the fan and opened it. Chrollo was about to protest, but numbers started appearing on the fan as (Y/N) put it under the moonlight. "Do you know where these coordinates are?"

"They're in Yorknew City. It's too late to go there now."

"Wait." Tiny writing appeared underneath the coordinates. "Danchou, thank you for taking care of (Y/N)." She read. Her face twisted into one of disgust. Chrollo chuckled. "This is some kind of sick joke, right?"

"As if I would be able to change Kaze's doing."

"Whatever. We're going to this location first thing in the morning."

"We?" Chrollo inquired.

"Yes, as much as I hate it, Kaze seems to direct it towards you as well. I mean he did write that disgusting note at the bottom." (Y/N) said, pretending to puke.

"I'd say he was being considerate in that nice note. After all, I have to deal with you in addition to watching over my fellow Spiders."

"You barely did anything. It was all Pakunoda." (Y/N) crossed her arms. "Maybe a bit of everyone but you."

"Who gave you the accessory again? Without me, you wouldn't have found all this out."

"Oh yea, why did you give it back to me, how'd you even know it was for me?"

"Kaze said it was for someone he knew and cared for. He told me to take it and give it to them. Kaze hasn't been mentioned for years until you came so I assumed it was you that he meant."

"Oh, now back to you. Mr. Big Earrings,-." (Y/N) was cut off.

"Danchou, (Y/N)." Their heads snapped towards the direction of the voice. "Shouldn't you be asleep? It's late." Pakunoda said.

"Ah sorry if we woke you up." (Y/N) said. She elbowed Chrollo. "Say it too." She mumbled.

"What?!" Chrollo hissed.

"I suggest you two head in now if you don't want to wake anyone else up." Pakunoda said as she yawned and left to go back inside.

"Tomorrow morning, don't be late." (Y/N) said.

"Who gave you the right to order me?"

"Myself, now goodnight." She waved and disappeared behind the doors of the entrance.

I can see why Kaze never talked about you. You were too precious to lose and taint. Can I still bring myself to kill you at this point? Chrollo wondered to himself. He walked back inside the building, waiting for the following day.

The moon passed and the sun rose. "(Y/N) and I are going back to Yorknew City." Chrollo said as everyone was awake.

"Isn't that a bit dangerous?" Shizuku inquired.

"It's alright. I don't think we'll run into too many problems. We can fend for ourselves."

"If you say so Danchou."

(Y/N) and Chrollo walked out of the hideout. "So where exactly do the coordinates lead to in Yorknew City." (Y/N) asked.

"Don't know."

(Y/N) hummed in reply. "Kurapika has my ability, Lost time."

"What?" Chrollo looked at her.

(Y/N) shrugged. "At least he didn't take your ability. Then we wouldn't have anything to lead us here."

Chrollo scoffed. "We're almost there." They were in the middle of Yorknew City. The streets were not too crowded as shops were barely opening up. "We're here." They stopped in front of a bakery.

"Let's just walk inside." Inside, (Y/N) smelled a familiar scent of sugar. "Can I get that cake?" (Y/N) asked the cashier and pointed to the light green cake.

"(Y/N), this isn't the time to be eating. You need to find why Kaze led us here."

(Y/N) stabbed the cake and shoved a piece in her mouth. "Well, maybe this is why Kaze led us here."

"I'm not seeing any of this."

"He wanted you to take a break."

"We're going back."

"Nuh-uh. Kaze died and this is part of his dying wish. Now order." (Y/N) pulled Chrollo along to the display.

Chrollo hissed. "I'm a thief. If I want something, I steal it, not pay for it."

"You are not going to rob this place."

"Who's stopping me." He smirked.

(Y/N) glared. Chrollo opened his book and flipped to a page. A cloth appeared and Chrollo swiped it across the display. "You did not just-."

"Don't act like you've never done something illegal."

(Y/N) jumped on him. "Return it." The small pouch was in Chrollo's hands.

"How about... no." (Y/N) took the pen on the counter and threw it in the direction of the pouch. "When did you get so violent?"

(Y/N) closed her eyes. "I am sorry." Chrollo lifted an eyebrow. She opened her eyes and threw her cake directly at Chrollo. She grabbed the pouch, trying to pry it open. "How do you open this?"

"Like this." Suddenly the pouch unfolded and the cake overfilled (Y/N)'s hands. One by one the pastries dropped. He laughed as her hands were covered in frosting.

(Y/N) sighed as the floor was littered with sweets. She walked over to the cashier who was hiding behind the counter. "How much for all of this?" Chrollo grabbed (Y/N)'s wrist.

"We're not paying." Chrollo said to the cashier and he dragged her out of the shop.

"Hey! We still need to-."

Chrollo cut her off. "You don't pay if you steal."

"We practically wrecked the poor bakery."

"And?"

"And?! We have to go back and either pay or at least clean it up."

"Boring. That sounds like more work than a break."

"I-."

"Let's go."

"Go where?"

"Anywhere." The two ran around Yorknew City. Chrollo caused havoc in almost every shop and (Y/N) had to clean up after him. Occasionally, she skipped some shops, seeing that the damage was too much. Night came sooner than they expected.

"I thought you wanted to go back. Instead, you ran everywhere and got us in trouble every 10 minutes." (Y/N) complained. "You're lucky we're not posted as wanted anymore. We would've been caught in a flash."

Chrollo shushed (Y/N). His grip tightened around her wrist. "There's people watching us." He then dragged (Y/N) down the streets.

"One is trailing on our left. Wait." (Y/N) said. They stopped walking. "They're everywhere."