I'm Still Here! - PT 2

Anime: Danmachi/Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?

Trigger Warnings: Spoilers, Slight homophobia

Happy Ending
-
(3rd Person POV)
-

It's been a week since (Y/n)'s finally been reacquainted with Ryuu Lion. She's decided to finally let Mia know what's been going on with her.

For the past few days (Y/n) has been quiet and awkward when in the same room as the green haired girl. This of course didn't go unnoticed by the famous Mia Grand herself.

-

"Alright, you finally ready to tell me what's going on?" Mia asks with a raised brow. (Y/n) opens her mouth.. then shuts it.. then opens it again. This was proving to be a lot harder than she thought.

"What are you? A chicken whose lost its head? What's up with you (Y/n)?" She gives a concerned and confused look. (Y/n) stared helplessly at Mia before taking in a deep breath.

"W-Well.. I know Ryuu- or more like used too?" She mumbled, messing around with her fingers under the table. "Used to?" Mia ushered for (Y/n) to continue.

The (h/c) haired girl nodded. "We used to be in the same familia- then the accident occurred." (Y/n)'s tone shifted to one of nervousness, to one of seriousness. Mia gave a curt nod, understanding what (Y/n) had meant by 'accident'.

"And- well- she may or may not know I'm alive?" (Y/n) sounded unsure herself. "Haaahhh?! What do you mean by that??" Mia asked confused and a bit irritated by the girl's cryptic response.

"Well!- I mean... What I mean is that she saw me 'die'. I was actually still conscious when she was saying her final words. The only reason why I had made it out alive was because of my will to want to catch up with her." (Y/n) nervously chuckled, scratching the back of her head. "But.. once I made it out of the dungeon I collapsed right then and there!- Haha.. hahhh..." (Y/n) had a tendency to hide pain with humor, using a smile to cover up her tears she sheds.

Mia gave (Y/n) a worried look before sighing. "Okay.. I understand the situation now- the reason for you using a fake name is also a lot more clearer as well." Mia Grand wasn't a dense person, she was actually quite observant; for better, or for worse.

"You don't want to interrupt the life she has now. You love her, don't you (Y/n) (L/n)." Mia pulled no punches, she told it straight out.

(Y/n) could only put up a sad smile. She wasn't unknown to Mia's observation skills.

"So? What will you do about it? It's not my place to tell you what to do in this situation. But as I see it, you have two options." Mia held up two fingers.

"Either tell her who you are and reconcile your bond and maybe even ask the girl out..."

"Or?" (Y/n) muttered, a bit curious about these options.

"Or continue allowing her to be anonymous about your existence. Let her live this new life and part ways with her, only being seen as a suspicious stranger in her eyes." Mia glared at (Y/n).

"I saw the way she was looking at you. It definitely wasn't a look of trust, that's for damn well sure." She crossed her arms and leaned back in her chair as (Y/n) stared down at her lap with a scornful expression.

"Do you think.." (Y/n) started. "Do you think she'll hate me?- When she finds out I'm not actually dead- that her mourning was all for naught." She murmured, her fists clenching onto the fabric of her pants. Tears fought to escape her eyes as she kept her focus downwards.