50/50 - Manami

Anime: A Centaur's Life

Trigger Warnings: Blood

Happy Ending

(Manami x Short Imp & Angel Hybrid Reader)

(Since I don't know how old these characters are I'll put them at 17-18)

————————————————————————
(Y/n) POV
————————————————————————

I looked around in awe at the school building. I've never been to school before so this is a new experience for me.

My name is (Y/n) (L/n), 4'10 nearly 4'9. I have black hair and and a white halo. Strange, I know. I have angel wings and an imp tail as well.

You see my parents are different races. My mother is an imp and my father is an angel.

I'm an only child and have a disease that affects my health. That's why I'm so short.

I don't quite remember the disease but it has something to do with my vitamins. Sort of. This disease eats away at my body's vitamins and drains me and my life.

I've been told I only have 1 year left to live per say. I've been given the decision to go through surgery and I have until that 1 year mark to make that decision. It's a 50/50 chance so I can either die or live.

Another con is that I'm quite weak. I have almost no upper body strength. I can barely run and I can't even do squats.

I'm usually tired and can eat at least 3 full bowls of spaghetti before getting full. So imagine what my lunch looks like.

Did I also mention I'm rich? Well not rich rich enough to be popular but I have a lot of money. I'm glad I am since it helps out a lot with my medical bills. They are definitely not cheap.

I yawn which gets the attention of my nurse/retainer. "Are you sure you will be okay?" I nod.

My retainer is a nice Goat Folk with light blue hair. She's nice and always takes care of me, unfortunately she tends to get hit on which gets me mad and causes me to get worked up. I'm not supposed to get worked up since it affects my health.

I usually just act like I'm hurting or something which grabs her attention.

The worse thing is when they mistake me for her daughter. I want to rip their eyes out when they do that.

Oh! Her name is Hiro. She's always been self conscious about her name since it makes her sound like a guy but I don't mind. She calls herself Hana anyway.

"I'll be fine! Promise!" I smile up at her. She sighs, "Fine but if you start to feel bad then you immediately call me!" She waves her finger at me. I roll my eyes and nod, "Yeah yeahhhh." She sighs, "Alright, have a good day!" She runs off waving at me as I wave back.

She's been my retainer for a long time. We're like sisters. The thing is.. she doesn't know I'm going to die..

She'll definitely be mad at me for not telling her but it's okay. She can't keep a grudge forever.

I walk to the principal's office and knock. I hear a faint 'come in' so I do as he says.

I bow, "My name is (L/n) (Y/n). The new transfer student. I've been told to come here before class starts."

The principal waves off the bow, "Ms. (L/n), it's a pleasure to meet you. I promise that I've informed all of your teachers about your health." I nod, "I appreciate that." I yawn.