10- Doctor

Natalie's P.O.V.

After I slammed the door, I felt horrible. I'm such a bitch. Dylan has been nothing but nice to me and he tries so damn hard to make me feel welcomed but I treat him like shit. What the hell is wrong with me?

"Cody, bathtub now."

He jumped in the tub. I was soaking wet, I stripped down, throwing my clothes in the sink and wrapped a towel around my head and another one around my body. I was shaking uncontrollably because I was so cold.

I draped a towel over Cody, drying him off as best as I could. I plugged in my hair dryer, "Come here boy." He jumped out and sat next to me. I started drying his long hair as he nuzzled into me. "Does that feel good big guy?"

After he was dry, I dried my hair and then put a pair of sweats and a sweatshirt on. I crawled into bed, as Cody snuggled into me.

"Do you think I was too rough on Dylan?" He turned his head to the side, looking at me puzzled. "Yeah, I know! God, I'm such a bitch. I feel bad and I don't know why. I don't want anyone close but I can't help it with him."

I groaned, looking up at the ceiling. I closed my eyes, it didn't matter anyways because I highly doubt he will ever talk to me again.

******
Dylan's P.O.V.

It rained all day yesterday. I watched Natalie's house most of the day but only saw her twice when she let Cody out and then went right back inside.

Today she was scheduled to work, so I was heading over there to drop off Henry's fly fishing stuff. I already planned to ignore her unless she talked to me, which I wasn't planning on.

Heading in, I quickly looked around... but she wasn't here.

"Dylan, how are you?" Henry asked.

"Good, I came to return your things. Thank you for letting me borrow all this."

"Did you catch anything?"

"We did-"

"Relax son, she isn't here if she's what you keep looking for."

"Where is she?"

"She called in, she isn't feeling very well today. She has a terrible head cold and sounded horrible on the phone."

"Really? Okay, thanks again Henry."

He started laughing as he waved goodbye.

Well that's just great, I got the girl sick. I headed to the pharmacy and picked up a few things to hopefully help make her feel better and then stopped off at the diner and picked up a few sandwiches and a few cups of soup.

I drove to her house, knocking on the door I heard Cody run to the door but didn't bark.

The door opened, "Dylan?"

"Hey. Henry said you weren't feeling good and I started feeling bad, I feel like it's my fault you got sick."

"Dylan, I'm fine. I have a head cold and I'm sure I'll be better tomorrow."

"I brought you some stuff." I said, holding up the bags I brought her. "Can I come in?"

"I don't want to get you sick."

"I'll take some extra vitamins when I get home."

She opened the door and motioned for me to come in. God she was beautiful, even when sick. Her hair was pulled up in a messy bun, she had baggy sweats with a blanket wrapped tightly around her body.

I placed the bags on her coffee table. We both sat down on the couch, while Cody wiggled in between us, laying his head down on my lap."Hey Cody, are you taking care of her too?"