13- The kiss

Natalie's P.O.V.

I was exhausted, I pulled into town around 10am, parked my car and walked down to Henry's.

Cody heard me and came running. I knelt down, hugging and petting him. "Hey big guy. Did you have fun with Henry?"

I looked over and noticed Dylan working in my spot. He gave me a look like he was relieved about something.

My thoughts were interrupted when Henry came out from the back.

"Hey Annie."

"Hi, Thanks again for watching him for me. I hope he was good for you?"

"He was really good, but I think he started missing you. Dylan took him for a long run yesterday, I think that helped."

I looked over, "Really? That was nice of you. Thank you, Dylan."

"It was no problem Annie, I'm glad you're back."

I smiled at him. "Anyways, I'm going to take this guy home and sleep, I'm exhausted. Thanks again, Henry." I looked back at Dylan waving goodbye.

I was out the door when I heard my name being called. Turning around I saw Dylan running up to me. "We're still on for the Fourth of July party tomorrow night right?"

"Yes, thanks for reminding me actually. These last few days have been crazy. I can't believe it's July already."

"Where did you go the last few days?" Dylan questioned.

"I just had some things to take care of." I smiled, hoping he wouldn't ask anymore about it.

"Good, I'm glad you're back. I'll pick you up at five. Bye, Red."

He turned around and went back into Henry's. "My name's Annie." I shouted back.

He waved his hand in the air, "Yeah, I know."

This made me giggle as I walked home with Cody.

*******
There was a knock on my door, right on the dot...5:00. It must have been Dylan because Cody didn't bark.

"I'm coming." I yelled.

I opened the door and smiled. "Hi, I'm almost done."

He walked in and shut the door. I noticed him looking at my jimmy rigged door alarm, confused.

"Can never be too careful." I said with a smile.

"You look beautiful by the way." His eyes traveled down my body.

" His eyes traveled down my body

"Thank you."

I grabbed the purse that I always carry with me and put it around my neck so it was hanging on my side. "Okay, I'm ready. Be good Cody." I gave him a kiss and shut the door, turning on the alarm system.