28- John

John's P.O.V.

"Boss... boss?" My eyes fluttered as one of my men shook me awake. "Hold on, I'm going to get the other's."

I heard Milo yelling downstairs to the guys. I groaned as I turned over on my back, my head was pounding and I felt like shit. What the hell happened last night?

Natalie.

The guys came bursting through the door, wide eyed as they looked at me, now sitting up against my bed.

"Natalie, where the fuck is she and what time is it?" I tried getting up but the throbbing pain coming from my head was too much to take. Between the alcohol I consumed and Natalie hitting me over the head with something, I felt like throwing up. "FUCKING HELL!"

"Boss, she's not here?" Milo looked at his watch, "It's 9am, what the hell happened last night?"

I put my hand on my head, trying to stop the pain, "Natalie... she was here when I got home."

"She did this to you?" Milo asked.

"Yes."

They helped me up and into my bathroom. Leaning up against the sink, I looked into the mirror, my nose had dried blood from where she hit me. I rubbed the back of my head, feeling the big knot that had formed.

"Here, take these." Jax; my best friend said, handing me some pills and water. "What did she want?"

I swallowed the pills and started laughing, "Long story short she wants a divorce. Over my dead body will I ever let that happen. I will get that bitch back."

"So obviously your little plan worked getting her back here, now will she stay?" Jax questioned.

"I think she's still here, I doubt she left because she knows I'll keep killing until I hunt her down... Now get out so I can shower."

They all walked out of the bathroom, shutting the door behind them. Jumping into the shower, I let the warm water hit my face. I wanted nothing more than to have Natalie back. I know I was a shitty husband, but I really did love her. If I didn't I would have had no problem selling her to the highest bidder.

Getting out of the shower, I put on my sweats and a t-shirt and headed downstairs.

"Come look at this." Jax brought me over to the security tapes. I watched her as she walked into my office, she spent some time in there and then she went to the hidden room.

"What the hell are you looking for Nat?" I whispered to myself.

"She's talking to someone here, but she never says a name. It must be an earpiece or something." Jax said.

We continued watching her as she tried opening the door to the basement. She finally went up to our bedroom and that's where the tape ended and I came home.

"She's working for someone or getting help, find out who the fuck it is." I demanded.

Jax and Milo followed me upstairs, "She shot at me twice." I pointed to the two holes.

"Well lucky for you, she isn't a good shot." Jax said, laughing.

I started smiling, "I think if she wanted to, she could have hit me, those were warning shots."

*****
A few days later, I was sitting in my office when Jax and a few other men came in.

"What's up?"

"You remember the bullets Natalie shot in the house?"

"Yeah?" I said in a dull tone.

"I checked out the bullets, it's not just any bullets in unmarked ones-"

"Meaning?" I questioned.

"They're specially made and most likely used in ghost guns."

"Ghost guns..."

"Yep and you know who has the best around here."

"Rynes! So she got the weapon from them or she's working for them?"

"I'm guessing so."

I clenched my jaw, "Well that's not acceptable. I think we need to pay Sofia and Derek a little visit."

******
Pulling up to the Ryne's residence, Jax and I got out while a few of my other men stayed in the car. I didn't want The Ryne's feeling I was coming in as a threat and I also wanted the men on the lookout outside.

Knocking on the door I was greeted by a pissed off Sofia.

"Why are you here?" She hissed.

Derek stood next to Sofia, "Honey, it's okay. Mr. Ruzek, what can we do for you?" Derek asked.

"I need to talk to you about a few things, I hope I'm not interrupting?"

"No, not at all. Please come in."

Jax and I followed them in, noticing Aaron and Silas we're also here.

"Mr. Hale, I didn't realize you were in town."

"Yes, I'm in town for a while. Spending my time with my daughter and her family." Aaron responded.

"I'm sorry for barging in like this, I won't take up much of your time but I need your help."

"How can we help?" Derek asked.

"I'll get right to the point, my wife's back in town and I'm wondering what your involvement is with her."

"I don't know what you mean?" Derek replied, not even hesitating.

I placed the two bullets that Natalie had shot at me, onto the counter. "These bullets are the ones she shot in our home a few nights ago. Are these yours?"

Derek examined them, "Yes, but I can tell you right now I didn't sell her any weapons or ammo. She must have picked it up elsewhere. We haven't seen your wife since that night many years ago when you introduced us to her. We can keep an eye out for you though."

I nodded my head, I wasn't sure what to believe. In this business you can't trust anyone, especially the mafia.

"Maybe she doesn't love you anymore, maybe you should just let her go." Sofia said, interrupting my thoughts.

I started smiling at her, "Like I told my wife, that's not going to happen." I turn towards Derek, "Anyways, if you hear anything please call me, I'll be in touch."

Jax and I walked out of the house and got in the car. "We need to have men watch this place, I don't trust them. Sofia has never given me that attitude before."

"John, it's not really a secret what we do. With what Sofia went through in the past, I can see why she was bitchy."

I nodded my head. He was right, my father wouldn't kidnap Sofia when she was younger for a cuban gangster that was pissed at Aaron, so they went around my father and tried themselves, hiring a gang here in New York; The Eagle Riders. Aaron went off and ended up killing every single one of them bastards for what they did to his daughter. That's why when I took over for my father, there's no middle people anymore. All trafficking around the area goes through me and I've slowly grown, taking over more and more parts of the United States.

"Should we continue as planned with the information Natalie could have seen in your office?"

I started smiling, "Yes, let's change things up a little though. If I know my wife, it will lead her right to me."

😬 Hope this chapter was okay.
What is John up to? Will Natalie be able to take her husband down for good? Or will Zoe end up being raised by Michael and Elisha. 🤞❤️ Xx