Introduction

You smile at your friend Callie as the two of you walk slowly down the sidewalk heading to a diner the two of you used to frequent when you got off work. It was a small little role playing café that the two of you had found one night after a round of bar hopping. You loved the fact that they had cosplayers as waiters and waitresses. It had been a long day at work; your boss was a misogynistic womanizer who from the start of your career had made it a point to harass you. Today his attempts had reached an all new high and for that you needed a pick me up.

As soon as you walked through the door you and your friend were greeted by the familiar face of the woman that role played as Marvel's Black Widow. She smiles as she makes her way over to you. "Hey ______, Callie; the usual?" You nod as you say, "Actually make it a double." 

"Uh oh, I take it your boss is being a typical douche again?" 

You smile as you say, "Even worse, today he actually thought he could get away with trying to grope me in the elevator, let's just say I may not have a job there anymore." She smiles as a curious look crosses her face. 

"What'd you do?" 

You smile brightly as you say, "Let's just say he won't be able to use his hand for a while." 

She laughs as she says, "See! I told you that move would work." 

You chuckle as you say, "It worked out beautifully, but just to be on the safe side I'll put my two weeks in on Monday." 

She nods as she says, "Well you know you could always work here, you come here enough to be an employee."

You shake your head as you say, "As much as I would love to work here I can't role play to save my life." She is about to reply when a man cosplaying as Captain America calls her over to the other side of the bar. "I'll be right back." She says as she hands you a double Whiskey on the rocks. You nod as you take the glass and swishing the contents around quickly bring the liquid to your lips and savoring the bitterness as it slides down your throat. You needed a drink after today and were very happy now that you were away from all the drama of your work. You glance over at Callie to see her flirting with a guy dressed like the tenth doctor and smirking shake your head.

"You look like you could use a vacation." You hear an older man's voice say and you turn to see a man dressed as Genie from Aladdin. Being polite you nod as you say, "I could. I wish I could leave this reality behind and be transferred somewhere I could be happy; Maybe one of the realities where these cosplayers are in fact real people." He chuckles as he says, "Then your wish is my command." You chuckle as you think he's joking but as you turn to reply to him see a bright flash of light blinding you. As the light fades you look around to see that you were in fact standing in the lobby of what you guessed was a government building with people staring at you in shock.