Chapter 11 - Finding Hope

Reader's Pov

"Alright Genie this is getting really old," You say as you practically jump into Steve's injured arms when the blue man suddenly decided to appear behind you. 

"What? You don't like my little appearing and disappearing act?" You narrow your eyes at him and he scoffs as he says, "Now I see why you like metal boy."

 You tilt your head as you say, "Excuse me?" 

He sighs as he says, "Nothing, so how has your little experience been?" 

You sigh as you say, "I don't know, I can't remember."

"Well even I know you can't remember. It's a little price for not dying." 

You felt rage surge through your body and as you stand up turn to face him and say, "You mean you took my memories?"

He folds his arms over his chest as he says, "Did I stutter?" You jump toward the genie fists ready when you feel Steve grab you from around the waist. 

"Calm down ____!" 

You thrash around as you cry out, "How dare you! This isn't fair! I want so bad to remember but I can't!" 

"Would you rather it had never happened at all?"

 You freeze your eyes staring at him in confusion. "How about I make you a new deal, I'll send you home and in return you won't remember anything about this place and what happened here." 

"You mean all the memories will be gone and it'll be like I never came here in the first place?" He nods and you chuckle as you say, "As much as I want to say yes, I'm going to have to turn you down. If I do return home I want to remember everything and somehow I will remember it all again."

He raises an eyebrow in shock as he says, "How interesting, you know you're the first person who has ever turned down one of my offers. It's a rather new and unpleasant feeling."

 You chuckle as you say, "Well I'd get used to it. However there is one thing you can help me with." 

He smiles as he says, "You want to know where the soldier is don't you?" 

"You know where to find Bucky?" Steve says instantly reminding you of his presence.

 "But of course Mr. Rogers, I am all knowing. I happened to know that he is in a rather bad place mentally, I'd hurry up and remember him if I were you ______, or else he might revert back to his Winter Soldier ways." You feel an unknown emotion well up inside you and your breath catches. Was this emotion caring? Love? What was it? How could you have feelings for someone you couldn't remember and on top of that a man who had attempted to kill you?

"Where can I find him?" You ask as you stare at the Genie with worry in your eyes. 

"By now he's most likely gotten as far from here as possible, you know since his minds becoming play-doh." This time it was Steve who jumped up from his bed only to throw a punch into thin air as the genie disappears and reappears on the other side of the room. "As I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted." You grabbed Steve's arm and glancing up at the super soldier see him glaring at the Genie. "You'll find him a week from now at the Smithsonian." 

You nod as you say, "Thank you," You say as you turn your attention back to him. 

"Oh and when you wish to return back to your home just give my name a shout and I'll come running." He winked at you before he disappeared. 

You turned to Steve and say, "Sorry about him, he's an acquired taste. Any who, I guess all I can do is wait." 

"Or we could just camp out at the Smithsonian."