Chapter 4 - Talking Body

Bucky's Pov

He glanced down at her as they silently rode toward the Triskelion. She was holding her wounded arm and he heard her silently say, "I wanna go home." His heart clenches as he knows that it was his fault. He had obviously scared her when he had followed Peirce's orders and held the knife to her throat. Her words before were still ringing through his head. 

"DO IT! Cause I ain't giving you a dam thing!" He grits his teeth as he mentally chastises himself. There was no way she was going to talk to him like she had before. He takes a deep breath before he says, "I'm sorry," She chuckles as she says, "You have nothing to be sorry about. You were just a soldier following orders." He didn't know why but her words made his heart hurt.

"Still," he starts but she quickly stops him as she says, "Please can we just sit in silence for a while. I already know what's waiting for me at the Triskelion and I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for what's to come." He hated the silence especially when he heard her let out soft sobs. 

The sound of her crying made him want to kill both himself and Peirce. There was no reason for how he had acted and now she didn't even want to be near him. He had been alone for as long as he could remember but now the silence in the air made him realize how alone he truly was. He knew she would probably pull away from him but he reached over with his hand and gently gripped her hand in his. He let out a sigh of relief when she didn't pull away from him. He looked down at their hands to see that he had unconsciously used his metal arm to grab her hand the same arm he had used to hold her when he threatened her.

Even though all this arm was good for was killing people she didn't mind it touching her. He saw her hand grip his and he thought that he would give anything to be able to feel her hand against his. "You know my whole life I dreamed of coming here and meeting you, Steve, and all the avengers but now that I'm here I realize how stupid and childish I was. I should have just stuck to dreaming." 

He stares at her for a moment taking her words in. She knew everything he had ever done and she was still willing to be close to him. Either she really liked him or she had a death wish. He was leaning more toward the second one. He pulls his hand from hers and then like it was part of his muscle memory he wraps it around her shoulders and pulls her in to his chest. She freezes for just a moment before she wraps her arms around his waist and lets out all the tears she had been holding in before.

He feels her arms cling to his body and he sighs as he says, "For what it's worth I'm glad I got to meet you." He hears her chuckle as she pulls one hand from around him to wipe the tears from her eyes. She looks up at him their faces inches apart then he suddenly feels her lips against his. He freezes for a moment before his body takes over and his arms wrap around her waist. This was a new feeling that he was starting to enjoy. 

He pulls her closer deepening their kiss making a soft moan escape from her lips. He felt her hands tangle themselves in his hair it only made his body start to crave more. He felt his body once again move on its own ripping her out of her seat and placing her on his lap her legs straddling his lap. He would have kept going but the driver of the van suddenly slammed on his brakes making him use his real arm to wrap around her waist while his metal arm gripped the side of the van holding the two of them in place.

"Sorry about that sir, some asshole decided to brake check me." The driver says as he once again places his foot on the gas pedal. _______ had wrapped her arms and legs tightly around him to keep from flying off into the floor of the van making her head rest on his shoulder her cheek next to his. "You Okay?" He asks his voice barely above a whisper. He feels her nod against his cheek and he lets out a sigh of relief.

 As he leans back fixing himself in his seat she pulls away from him and gingerly moves from his lap back to her seat. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that." She says as she faces away from him. "It'll just make your job harder." She says as she keeps from looking at him. 

"It's my fault." He says making her immediately turn back toward him and say, "How is it your fault?" Her eyes were full of lust and desire. He felt his body yearn to touch her, to feel her soft skin against his. He felt his face flush and clearing his throat says, "I should have controlled myself." 

"But I kissed you first? If anything it's my fault. I guess I just wanted-" She quickly cut herself off by looking away from him and covering her lips.

He stared at her for a moment as he took in her expression. What had she wanted? Was she so upset that she just wanted anyone to comfort her and he had just been the closest person for the job? "I'm so sorry Bucky, it'll never happen again. I can't get involved with anyone. Especially since I most likely won't be alive by this time tomorrow." His heart dropped. He had completely forgotten about having to take her to the Triskelion where they would place her in a machine that would strip every memory and piece of information from her mind for their own sick and twisted pleasure. 

What would they do with her afterword? Would they make her like him? That was the last thing he wanted for her. No they would most likely place her in some cell where they could use her powers against her and the rest of humanity. Bucky... she had used that name again. Why, if it was his name, didn't it sound familiar? For the first time he started to crave his past memories, the ones Hydra had taken from him.

He was about to say something to her when he hears the driver say, "Sir we've located the two targets Peirce wants you to take out. Do you want to proceed to the Triskelion or pursue the targets?" He glances down at her for a brief moment before he says, "Proceed to the target's location." 

"Understood." 

He would most likely get in trouble for this but he was going to keep you safe if only for a little while.